The power of God to heal

Hello Momo!

I hope you're doing good! I certainly am. :) This week was a very special one. 
 


 We had MLC this week, which is where the leadership of the mission all comes together to pray and discuss what could be done better for the missionaries and the whole mission. We didn't get to take part in the meeting, but I got to schedule all of the train/bus tickets for everyone! We also coordinated where everyone was sleeping and stuff. What made it crazy was that somehow like 6 emails disappeared with ticket info. On the day of, I got a lot of calls from missionaries who needed to get on their train in like 5 minutes but they didn't have their tickets!! I sent them two weeks before had, so I'm assuming people just skipped over them in their inboxes without realizing what they were, because they were all in my "successfully sent" folder. Either way, I forwarded it back to them and they got along on their way. :) So it all worked out. But then I got a call from some panicked sisters whose bus driver didn't let them on the bus because they didn't have their passports with them! I had to find them a train connection really quick and they didn't end up getting to Munich until 10:45 in the evening! Poor president had to go pick them up at the train station, because he didn't want them out in the city that late. But it all worked out! 
 
Besides that, I got to see some great old friends. A lot of the Zone Leaders had to stay in our apartment (6 of them) so we spent the evening chatting and eating frozen pizzas we had to buy for them. Elder Orsmsby and Elder Chisholm both got to stay with us and it was a great time getting to sit down with them and catch up. They're doing great! My boy is the leader of the largest zone in our mission!! So proud... 
 
Asian Fish Dinner
 This week I received a call from the sisters in München, and they informed me that a member's mother from their ward was in a bad car accident and wasn't in good shape. The member was on the phone freaking out and the sisters explained that they needed Elders to go to the hospital immediately and administer to her. I responded with a yes and grabbed my coat and my companion and we left. The drive to the hospital was nerve wracking. I had never administered to someone in that condition before in my life. I've always had faith in the power of blessings and I have perfect faith to be healed, but healing is something different entirely. I felt like her life was in my hands. After about 1000 prayers and 20 minutes of silence, we arrived and entered the emergency room. The member was there waiting for us and she led us inside to the receptionist. That was quite a conversation. She explained to the receptionist in english that we were Elders, that we held the priesthood, and that we were their to bless her mother. The receptionist turned to the doctor after an awkward pause and explained to him in German (Not realizing we can speak it) They're here to do some kind of cult ritual. Miraculously he waved us on through. We entered the room and close the door. Her mother lay on a hospital bed with more than a few IV's and bandages. She was fresh out from surgery apparently. She was very weak, and could barely look up at us. 

Turns out she could only speak spanish. No problem. We huddled down to pray before I administered the blessing. (My companion jumped on the "I'll do the anointing" train real fast) After the prayer my companion annointed her and everyone looked at me expectantly. We then gave her a blessing. I don't remember everything I said, but I remember the words coming to me as clear day. "You will live, and continue your life as the loving mother you always have been to our children. You will receive the strength to take up your bed and walk." I've never felt the truth of such words more powerfully in my life. After the blessing she felt much better, thanked us in spanish, and fell asleep peacefully. It wasn't a miraculous "YOU'RE HEALED GET UP AND WALK NOW" experience, but it was enough to convince me of the power of God to heal and comfort his children. I spent the next 20 minutes on the ride home thanking Him for letting me administer to her. 
 
 

We also got to meet with Johnbosco again this week. He has been avoiding us, and told us at the meeting that he didn't want to investigate the church right now, and just needed to rethink his life a bit. It was a sad meeting. It won't be the last, but I'm not sure where to go from here with him. Our good friend Gospel came with us too. They're really good friends, and Gospel tried to convince him to keep going with the church, but he was pretty strong in his resolve. I hope this isn't the end of my story with him. 

We celebrated New Years at the Burnside's house! They're an amazing family that loves having us over because they can cook, they enjoy out company, and we keep their holy smokes active kids busy. It takes all 5 of us! But we do it. We ate spaghetti with white sauce and just enjoyed the evening. It was a good time. 
 
 

My companion took off to his next area. I'll miss Elder Wojciechowski, but it was time for him to move on to regular missionary work again. He was pretty excited. I feel competent with my job now, so it's not a big deal, but he was fun to work with for sure. I'm now working with Elder Duker, a young ambitious missionary who doesn't necessarily want to be in the office, but he's doing his job well. He'd rather be out doing normal missionary work. 
In any case, working with him has been fun, and he's always excited to be doing things and learning something new. He's pleasant to be around, and comes from Iowa! :) 

Well that was pretty much my week!! It's been a good one. I'm looking forward to more adventures to come and what awaits me with the new year. I've made some goals to eat healthier and be a little bit more diligent in areas where I'm struggling, and I'm being sure to stick with them as hard as I can. It's working well and I'm happy! :) 

I love you Mom! Thanks for being the best Mom ever!! I look forward to hearing from you. :)

-Elder Tanner William Larson

Comments

Popular Posts