Blessings, fatigue & new friends.

Good job dad! Being Chivalrous! Haha he's a good example :)  (Trevor planted roses for me for Mother's Day )  Aw Jasper... He'll be ok :) He just has to adjust. (Our little Yorkie is going through  Tanner withdrawals) There's a package coming, huh?? Woo!! Thanks guys :) I've been watching everybody open their packages for two weeks. xD  I'm glad Blake is staying in touch :)

My week has been great! I've been recrowned as foursquare king twice! So i've been King 3 times, Elder Scalese has 2, Elder Deus has 2 and Elder Bowman has 1. We're still the king district. ;) 

Sometimes it's difficult. The Lord says we're blessed if we "work past fatigue" and I feel blessed. But I also feel the fatigue. I fell asleep in the middle of being asked a question in class yesterday, so that got a laugh xD I was literally looking right at my instructor at the start of him asking and by the time he finished I had fallen asleep. Awkwaaard.

"Elder Scalese and I on our temple walk."

We have amazing miracles every day. I haven't been really homesick yet, and I KNOW that is the Lord, because I always get homesick, I got homesick in HAWAII with all of you there for only 1 week. It's definitely the Lord helping me. He makes this place feel like home. 

I'm glad to know the blog is doing good :) I feel all of the prayers for me. They make the biggest difference. It makes me happy to hear your praise, but I can't take the credit. Everything I've accomplished here is through Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. His blessings are upon me, and his Angels round about me to bear me up.
"My District at Provo Temple."


.
Study is mostly like this:
German... Then Scripture... Then Preach my Gospel.... Then German again... Then Preach My Gospel IN German... Then The Scriptures in German... lol It's great :) I'm coming so much closer to Christ. People always wonder: "How do you relax? You have to read the scriptures 8 hours a day??" I always respond: "Relaxing IS reading the scriptures...." My soul hungers for it all day.


That's a great hymn. (I told him I am teaching "Praise To The Man" to the primary kids) We've learned so much about Joseph Smith since we've gotten here. If you haven't seen the movie "Joseph Smith" (the newest church movie about him" You need to. I
t's a complete in depth movie of his life. It is amazing. 

That's funny you should talk about the MTC choir.... Because I'm in it! :) We do amazing pieces. We actually had the privilege of having Dallin H. Oaks to come speak to us last Tuesday! It was a live online broadcast to all the MTC's and my face was all up on the screen while we sang the Missionary Medley. I really hoped you guys could see it, but it's exclusively for missionaries. (Although I'm sure if you looked hard enough for it... You might be able to find it;))

"Typing a letter."

 Yeah you can send that talk to me! And yes, my companions know I can sing. They've been asking for lessons -_- I've given 3 voice lessons since I've been here. I sing all the time, and Elder Scalese Beatboxes to it. He's an amazing beatboxer! I'm singing a special musical number next Sunday. I'm singing "Come thou Fount". I'm also going to audition to sing during one of the Devotionals, so wish me luck!! 

So you already know that the leaders of the Lutheran church in Germany came to meet with us about what goes on in the MTC. They ate lunch with us, and came to class with us, and it was great getting to know them :) They were awesome!  Before they left, I stood up and bore my testimony to them. This is where miracles happen. The entire room went silent as I spoke, and I looked into their eyes and testified of the truths I know. The woman leader of their church started crying, and I knew the Spirit was there. I don't know if that will have an effect on them, but it had an effect on me. They left with a good perception of our church and enjoyed their time with us, as we did with them. 
"Talking with the German Lutheran leaders."
"Our District with our new Lutheran friends."


This week was the first week I felt the spirit truly teaching through me. A less active member cried as he heard me testify that the Lord needs him at church to be an example of his pure love for others. He needs to be there to set an example for those that are judging him, that if he shows love for them and Christ, they cannot offend. He agreed to come back to church. 

Miracles are happening. I love teaching the Gospel, and I love the people. I already love the people in Germany and cannot wait to speak to them.

German is going good! I think I am almost at the "Functional level" I understand about 90% of what people say, and can accurately convey my message to them about 80% of the time. It's amazing! :)
My companion struggles with German. I pray for him and let him know that he shouldn't worry about what he's trying to say, and to trust that the Spirit will speak through him. He gets nervous and trips on his words, but he's coming along great.
"Class time."  (love this picture)

This week's Shenanigans!!: 
-We hid Sister Phelps' pencil by sticking it in the ceiling, and telling her to look up for revelation when she couldn't find it!
-I spilled an entire glass of milk all over my suit an hour before the Lutheran group came. (It's at the Dry cleaners)
-We have rap battles about the Gospel every night.
-Sister Madsen accidentally told an investigator to "Pray Naked" Instead of "Pray at Night."
-An investigator told us his parents died, and Elder Scalese didn't understand, so he gave his go-to response of "Good, that's very good!"
-Elder Fritz accidentally told an investigator that "Christ murders for us" Instead of "He died for us."
-Elder Hiatt (Our zone leader) Was on splits (meetings) and accidentally got locked out of his room after a shower, so he was stuck walking around in a towel until his companion came back.

I haven't had any problems with the food at all.  I do miss your cooking though.  Cafeteria style food is good for 2 weeks, and then it's just okay.  It doesn't bother my stomach, but I can't say the same for the other Elders in my district...someone passes gas every 30 seconds. (I threw some Gas-X in his box we sent him...told him to share it with all!  :)

I want you to know that ya'all lied to me!  You all said the MTC would be hard, not fun and long.  It is the greatest thing ever!  I love this place!  My desire to feast on the Word of God has multiplied 10 fold.

"Me, Elder Scalese, and Elder Barker, my movie-making nerd friend."

I want you guys to know that I love you all very much.  The gospel is absolutely true.  I cannot wait to tell it to the world, so others can feel this insane amount of happiness I feel.  I'm looking forward to your next letter!

Well I gotta go get my laundry! I'll send you some pictures in a second. I love you all! :)

Love with all my heart,
Elder Tanner William Larson

P.S. Mothers day phone calls are tomorrow at 4:45 pm Utah time.  And there was a mix up in information before my mission.  I am actually only here in the MTC for 6 weeks, not 9!  Auf Wiedersehen!

Comments

Popular Posts