Lots of learning experiences

Hi!
Things are really good! We're working really hard and staying optimistic. :) this week was sort of a trial by fire. God gave me a really great first week, but I think He decided that I needed to experience the hard things too. I'm grateful for the chance I have to experience the harder things so soon, so I can be prepared for them down the road :) We've had a lot of learning experiences. We had a lot of investigator appointments fall through this week, and both of he baptismal dates have been pushed back, because of some complications. One of our investigators with a baptismal date is currently missing. He went to the hospital earlier this week. We haven't heard from him or seen him since. He doesn't answer phone calls, and we've been to two clinics and he hasn't been there... We're a little worried. 

We found out our other investigator with a baptismal date is an ex Soviet KGB general! I won't go into details, but he's done a lot of bad things. And he believes baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost will give him power to make people repent. Yikes! So we have to push both of their dates back. We also had almost no one listen to us on the street. But don't worry! I'm ok :) It's still a wonderful work and I'm enjoying it. This week was just a little hard. Basically, we had many excuses to be sad or discouraged, but I recalled the words of preach my gospel. "You will always experience disappointments. But if you work hard, you will never be disappointed in yourself."  That day might have been hard, but I know it will not last. God is still preparing me to find the people he is preparing for me. As long as I give it my all, I will receive this blessing. Thank you for the strength I receive from your prayers. I miss you dearly. But this work is going forth, and I am excited to be a part of it. 

With Elder Sorenson

Hey Dad, you should listen to the song "He's my Son" by "Mark Schultz."We heard this song in the car, and it touched me. I imagined the words coming from you, and I felt an overwhelming sense of love. I'm so thankful for all you've done for me to help me prepare for this journey. I cried a little, not gonna lie. I feel the strength from your prayers. I love you Dad.
Today a song came on while we were cleaning. I was sweeping the kitchen, and Josh Groban came on, and it just felt like home. I got really nostalgic, and started missing a lot of things. Started missing you guys a lot. But I let it empower me, not discourage me... "If I work my hardest, I will still experience disappointments, but I will never be disappointed in myself."

Anyway! It's still raining! It's not bad though, it's very pretty. The clouds are heavenly here. They're always huge and so puffy. The rays of light come through and it's beautiful. I love my area. The people are great! So are the members, we have a very strong branch. :) The language is coming very well. I understand a lot more and am a much better communicator. I still understand very little though xD. Oh yeah, they have a dialect. It's called schwäbisch, and it's a hoot. It's native to Baden-württemberg. Very hard to recognize, because they combine a lot of words. An example: "so ist es" means "so it is". But in schwäbisch, they say: sodele. Where does that come from?? Haha it's hilarious. Church is amazing here! So many good members that love to help and feed us. We've had spetzlen, and fish patties, and potatoes, and wurst, and all kinds of great stuff :D. 


Sounds like you had a good barbecue!! It's a small world. It's amazing how many people have had contact with the church. Even in Germany. But there's also many in Germany that have never even heard the word "Mormon."

It makes me happy to hear that Rachel and the girls are doing well. I pray for you all, all the time, and I miss you often. It makes me happy to know that you are doing so well, and enjoying life at home. 

Well I figured out they don't have Sun Chips here  (Tanner's favorite snack)... Almost flew right home ;) haha it might sound weird, but cereal and chips kind of stink here. I miss Life cereal and Honeycomb. Germany doesn't even compare. If you could send me an American toilet that'd be great too. They're backwards here. Lol thanks ;) pictures and music and anything you guys want. I'm happy to accept anything. Could you also send me one of my CDs? People are asking to hear it xD. 

I'm glad my life here can affect people back there. I got a very touching letter from a dear friend, telling me how my blog inspired him to accept his mission call. That was all you mom. Good job :) I hope I can continue to entertain and inspire. :)

Well I must return, I have work to do. I love you all so much. I miss you. I think about you all the time. Thank you for being with me in spirit. 


With all love, 
Elder Tanner Larson

Comments

Popular Posts