German bread...yum.

Hi mother! :)

I'm doing great! This week was exciting, and soooo busy! It was nice. I am chin up :) You are right, missionaries are pretty brave. We pretty much keep each other being optimistic. It's important to look energetic even if you're having a hard time. Other missionaries see you, and feed off of that. Thanks mom, I'm learning more and more every day :) it's not worth it to wallow in self pity. I'm not going home for a while. So there's absolutely no point in being miserable. ;)


Steet display in Stuttgart

Yeah der  Münster was crazy! Soooo tall. Gah.
(In reference to a photo emailed to me from a woman from Utah who was vacationing with her family in Germany.  She took a picture of the missionaries in the city, and sent it to me!  Was such a nice surprise for the week!)  Yeah she came up to us and was like: oh my gosh, missionaries!! It was awesome. She got all of our parents information and promised to send pics. It's awesome :) yeah I was actually on exchange with the zone leader in Stuttgart!
Stuttgart is amazing! We were having a street display on könig strasse, the busiest street in Baden wortemburg. So many people! I actually talked to them myself! And held conversations! Whoo! It was a good exchange. Then I had two more exchanges! One in Ulm and one in Göppingen. We missed our bus that day and got back to the apartment at 10 xD it was crazy.
Me with my Zone Leader

Oh more news! I'm done with my first transfer in the field! We figured out the elders in Ulm are being replaced with sister missionaries! So we'll have sisters in our district now! We call it "pink-washing" haha. Me and my companion are staying in Ellwangen. I'll probably be here for the next 3 transfers. But my companion will probably leave after this transfer o.o scary thought. Other news! We're getting another new missionary in our district! I'm so excited to meet him!



Wow it makes me really nostalgic hearing about the cabin. I'm so glad you're all enjoying it up there. Wish I could be there, even in a dream, just to see you all there. I dreamt last night that I was home. I came in, and only Skylar was home. I got to hug her in my dream before it ended. It's crazy how big of a tender mercy that was for me. I got to hug family. It was a dream, but it felt so real. So thank you, Skylar. I miss you. I miss you all. But this work will someday be finished for me. And someday I will be home. But until then, I'm working hard, and it's tender mercies like this that keep me going. :)

I love hearing about what you guys are doing. Always keep me updated!
This week has been great. We got let into a house while dooring. They didn't accept anything we said, but in the end we bore powerful testimony.  They could not deny that we knew it was true, and that intrigues them. We got a return appt, so
we'll see how that goes. We still haven't found our missing investigator! But we're looking xD

Sadly, that English guy I gave the blessing to has been ignoring us since that day. Well keep trying though. The Hungarian guy is out of town, but we have a baptism date for him set, and he loves this church  :)

Something I've eaten that I like... I really really like German bread. It's so fresh, it's so crisp and soft at the same time, gah! It's amazing. Something I didn't like... I really don't like German potato salad. It's really popular. But it's really gross. Really bitter. Bleh.



I'd like to share a spiritual thought that I got from the Book of Mormon this week during my reading. It really hit me as something that applies to all of us as we go through life. Here we go. The scripture is about the 2060 young men in Helaman's army.

And it says:
19 But behold, my little band of two thousand and sixty fought most desperately; yea, they were firm before the Lamanites, and did administer death unto all those who opposed them.
20 And as the remainder of our army were about to give way before the Lamanites, behold, those two thousand and sixty were firm and undaunted.
21 Yea, and they did obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness; yea, and even according to their faith it was done unto them; and I did remember the words which they said unto me that their mothers had taught them.
-25 And it came to pass that there were two hundred, out of my two thousand and sixty, who had fainted because of the loss of blood; nevertheless, according to the goodness of God, and to our great astonishment, and also the joy of our whole army, there was not one
soul of them who did perish; yea, and neither was there one soul among them who had not received many wounds.

Verse 25 is the most important in this sequence. It says that because of their faith, none of them were slain. None of them were overcome. None of them fell to destruction or failure. But the most important part is the end. It says "there was not one soul among them who had not received many wounds."

These young men were not untouched. They did not come out without a scratch. In the end they were preserved because of their faith, but it does not say that they were protected from any harm. It is the same for us. If we are faithful, we will be able to overcome our
challenges. But that does not mean that we will come out unscathed. We will be wounded. We will be cut, and bruised, and some of us will collapse in our sorrow. But we will not be destroyed, and we will not be forgotten. The key is faith, and action. These young men obeyed with exactness. We must do our best to do so as well. When we do that, we will come out the victor.

Well that's my little spiritual thought for y'all today. :)

Beautiful German sunset.
I love Germany, I love the people I meet, and the beautiful country. Keep praying for me. It's hard sometimes, but it's rewarding.

Yes I got the package! It made me so happy! I'm thankful for the letters, for the pictures, and for the much needed American food items. German snack food stinks. I love it all :) I got it on Thursday.

Well I better start getting to work. I'll send you some pictures. Thank you so much for the love and strength. I think about you all all the time. You give me strength. I will work hard. I'll be the best missionary I can be, so when I stand before God at that last day, I
can stand with those I helped during my time here. So I can say with a clear conscience that I gave my all during the time the Lord gave me to help him.

And mom, I think about your hugs all the time. Sometimes it makes me happy, and sometimes it makes me choke up, and sometimes it makes me do both. I'll make up for all the missed hugs when I get back.

"God's sky."
Love you all. Have a wonderful week. Until we meet again. :)

Comments

Popular Posts