Transfer to Switzerland!

Hey Mom!
 
It's ok! It seems we've all had busy weeks this week! You're finally done unloading the old house, huh?? Wunderbar! Das freut mich! That makes me really happy to hear! Now you'll be able to just stay in Cashmere! Being exhausted is the best. That's what I've learned on a mission. When you work so hard and come home exhausted it makes you feel so good because you gave your absolute best. Maybe that's only with mission life, but in any case, relaxing is only good when you need it.  

You guys will finally meet Kolton? Can't wait to meet that stud. They look super happy. And he's a bro, so that's awesome. I'm just sad I won't be there for the wedding. I'll just ask for an extended Pday. Like... 2 weeks. And a round trip ticket to Utah. Yeah... 
 
We don't like our haircuts.... good thing hair grows back. Turkish barbers only
know how to give these kinds of haircuts... no matter what we tell them or how
many pictures we show them... haha. But you can't argue with 10â ¬ a haircut.
 
As for me, I couldn't be better! I am very happy. Sister Piñol beat me to it! Yes I am being transferred to Switzerland! I'm going to an area called Chur, which is dubbed: one of the best, most beautiful areas in the entire mission. It's in the mountains, squished between Liechtenstein and Italy. It's also a car area, and it's huge and beautiful. I get to go to the temple once a transfer, and I get to go to Liechtenstein for Pday as well... (It's actually illegal to proselyte in Liechtenstein.) but missionaries can go to look at it's many castles. I have a GA there, which is a card that can get anyone anywhere in Switzerland using any form of transportation. It also has one of the newest nicest apartments in the mission, and the ward is supposed to be really cool. I'm working with an Elder Chisom out of Utah, who is supposed to be super cool as well, and a great missionary. So basically, I'm going to heaven early. I'm pretty excited! If you want to see what it's like, there's actually an "I'm a Mormon" video from a member in my next area! Look up "Christian Bolt, im a Mormon" and watch that video. That'll also show you the "Swiss German Accent." He's actually speaking proper high German, but the accent is totally Swiss. Can't wait to actually hear deep Swiss German... They compare it to the difference between Spanish and Portugese. 

On the flip side though... I'm very sad to leave Wienerneustadt. This is also my home. By the end of my mission I'm going to have so many different homes! Saying goodbye to everyone was really hard. I'll miss everyone. These people become family. Real family. I wish I had more time with them, but I also accept that my work in Wienerneustadt is finished. It's time for Elder Ormsby to take over and it's him and the other elder's work now. I will always be in contact with these people though. Leaving here has different circumstances than leaving Ellwangen did. When I left Ellwangen, our two best investigators were getting baptized, and i felt like everything was in order. Here I just feel like I'm leaving in the middle of everything. Alfred isn't going to take that long to get baptized, and Gabriele isn't too far behind him. Samir is still in the lowest of lows, and as far as I can tell he's not quite recovering yet, and things are just kind of... unfinished. But that's the way it's supposed to be.
 

Lots happened this week, but I'll only give you the highlights, because it's too much. We had our district meeting on Tuesday and actually did a Super Tausch in Wien with the Wien 4 Elders! Elder Ormsby and I both went there and stayed the night, working in their area. It's was very interesting. One of them is going home on Wednesday, and is SUPER TRUNKY. The Tausch was basically like a party... It was lots of fun, but at the end I was actually relieved to come back to Wienerneustadt and do some missionary work. After Tausch we got to meet Sister As husband, who wants to be baptized and needs the missionary lessons. It's a really interesting situation though, because he has so many physical problems that he just fell asleep.... this will be an interesting one :) I won't get to teach him before I leave, but hopefully it will work out for him. 

We got to meet an old investigator who has the toughest life story ever. He's from Egypt. His name is Emad. We met with him in the church because he wanted to meet, and he just started crying. He's lost his job, his home, his wife, and his kids because he has a drinking problem. That's just really quick, leaving a few things out. Basically, his life is horrible. He has no clue what to do, but knows that he needs Christ. He said he was moving to St. Pölten, by Wien. After listening to his story I made him promise me that if we gave his name to the St. Pölten Elders he would do everything they said. If he did that, his life would change. It was a promise I made through the Spirit, and in the name of Christ. He accepted and we shook hands on it. He's also an amazing poet. He showed us some of his poems, and they were magnificent. Hopefully he'll be ok. 
 
I figured out I should read the label before chucking a nice jumper in the wash... :0
 
 On Friday I got to help out with filming again! We finished it all, and it was awesome! Lots of fun. I'll get the video and send it to you. It's really ridiculous, and written by the Beehives and Miamaids, but it's pretty funny, if you can understand it. It was pretty quickly put together, because I don't have time to work on a really crazy long project, but it was still super fun to get to do that on the mission. 

On Saturday we got to meet with the Piñols for lunch (one last time *cries*) and teach the Cunia's son one last time *cries again* and we got to meet with Samir one last time *you know it.* Samir is one of God's strongest sons. He's also one of Satan's biggest targets. Not only has he started smoking again, but we found out this week that he started drinking again, as well. It was heartbreaking. He was an alcoholic years ago. And he swore that drinking was the one thing he'd never ever do again. It was horrible. For me to see him the way he was when I left. When I got here he was full of life and light. Now he is a broken man, struggling to survive. Without Hope. I hate addiction. I hate drugs and alcohol. I shouldn't, but I hate Satan. I hate him. I don't care if he picks on me, but when he attacks people who have little chance, I can't help feeling this way. I hate him. The light in Samir's eyes has all but disappeared. He's just really sad. Leaving him like this makes me feel horrible. But I know I need to go. Please please pray for him. 
 
Shoutout to Julia McLennan! She was pretty shy and not so sure about the church
when I came to Wienerneustadt. But through good times with their family and lots
of diligent seeking she's become not only fully active in the church, but now
also holds a calling as Ward Missionary (which she magnifies, and pretty much
shares the gospel with everyone, and is considering serving a full time mission)
and she has become a very good friend of mine.
 
On Sunday we got to be at the Bishop's house for one last time. I love this guy. I love his family. It was really sad walking away the last time. He grilled for us, and made us laugh non stop. Him and his family are very close to me, and I will miss them. Same with the Piñols. And everyone. Jose hugged me and cried at church. Sonja made it very clear that she wanted to hug me, and cried also. Their hearts are so big. We have to visit them. After that we finished up editing the film with our good friend Andy Enenkel, who's responsible for the social media aspect of the church in Austria. During church we got to teach Alfred for he last time. He's amazing. The spirit was so strong, and he's so strong. I can't wait to hear about his baptism. 

And that was our week. I still have lots of goodbyes to say, but that's how this week was. 
It was sad and happy :) definitely busy. I've never been so exhausted my entire mission. But it's so great. 
 
Our meat defrosting apparatus.
 I love you Mom. Thank you for the update and the love :) I say it a lot, but I can't wait to show you all of these wonderful people and places. I can't wait. I can't believe how short missions are. I feel like a couple months have gone by. Not almost a year. 

Can't wait to hear from you again :) I love you very much and wish you a wonderful week! 

Tanner

Comments

Popular Posts