"By design we are weak, By choice we are strong".

Hi Moms! 

Im so glad you got to go to the temple with Rachel!  It reminds me of my first Temple experience back home. I hold it very close to my heart, and remember it all the time. I got to go through the Bern Temple today as well, which was so exciting. It's amazing, no matter where you go in the world, the Temple feels like Heaven. It feels like home. It is home. I will never get bored of going there. It is a beautiful Temple. I want to go every week when I go to school in Provo. I never want to miss out on those experiences ever again in my life. I already missed it way too much out here. It's been almost a year since I was in the Temple, and it makes me really sad to think that after I leave Switzerland it'll probably be the last time for yet another year :/ it's just somewhere I need to go. 

The Bern Temple.
Me & Elder Chisholm at Bern Temple.

See the flowers making a picture of the temple?
 
 Sounds like Spring Break was fun! Breaks are a weird thing to think about... we don't really get those xD. But I'm glad you enjoyed it together as a family. 

Mom, have absolutely NO worry. You will be the best Seminary teacher ever, I promise :) just have fun and teach what you know. And study, that's important too. 

"I feel like I'm in Lord of the Rings".


"It's so beautiful here!"
My week has been absolutely amazing! It was very physically demanding, but so many amazing things happened, and I feel great. We've met LOTS of new interesting people! We have quite a few new investigators this week, including a man who believes Noah's ark was a spaceship! That was a fun discussion. We're trying to set up an appointment with him :) im feeling good, just pretty exhausted. We had lots of physically demanding activities this week. We helped a less active family move, and had to carry their heavy furniture up 7 flights of stairs two days in a row. It was about 4 small truckloads. 
 
Helping move.  Lunch with a view.

 
 
 
 We got to go running with a member and his nonmember friends on Thursday and ran almost 10 km! It was awesome, but I guess I had hurt my leg while moving, because it KILLED me on that run and we had to stop so I could put it in the ice cold glacier water :D it still hurts quite a bit. I'm trying to take it easy. I'm pretty sore because I've been doing lots of work outs. Basically, this week has been great :) Switzerland is great! Still expensive. But still so beautiful so it doesn't matter :) I really feel like I'm living in Lord of the Rings. We've met some great new people this week that I'll tell you about. The food is great! I ate some really good Hungarian food from the Szvoboda family in our ward, and I ate some really good fish and Swiss bread at the Bolt's house on Sunday night! (The stake president, and the guy from the "Im a Mormon" video) it was some really good salmon, served with bread and vegetables with dip. 
 
Here is Bro. Bolt and his "I am a Mormon" video.  He is an amazing Swiss artist.  Take a minute to watch.  He is speaking Swiss German, which is what Tanner is trying to learn right now.  It shows some beautiful scenery of where Tanner is:
 
 

All the families are pretty good at taking care of us :) the Szvobodas have us over a lot. They are awesome. They have many sons, most of them named after people in the scriptures. (There's Aaron, Amos, Nephi, and others) And Aaron and Amos are like our best friends. Amos got back recently from a mission in Greece, and loves teaching with us. They all speak perfect English, and have lived in England, Vietnam, and Switzerland. They're the greatest. Besides them there's lots of good families. The Hubers enjoy our company, and we theirs. The Branch President as well. Lots of good people :) 

I haven't heard from the Piñols since I emailed them back a couple weeks ago. But maybe soon :) Anyway, I can tell you about some cool experiences and things I've learned this week :) 

"Look where I live!"

We met two people. One is a very nice amazing man named Rolf. We met his wife on the street a couple weeks ago and she gave us his number because he might be interested. We called him, set an appointment, and showed up. He lived in this beautiful little town called Pontresina. He turned out to be the most awesome, humble man ever. We talked about the history of the church and the Restoration. The spirit was super super strong, and he even admitted it himself. He agreed to take a Book of Mormon and read it and pray for an answer, and we're still in contact with him. The Stake President wants to come with us next time, too! It was amazing, and it was a lesson where I just felt the spirit speak through us.
 
Pres. Embly and his wife at cool hotel in Davos.
 
We also met a woman named Jaqueline, who is a friend from Daniel, the less active we teach. She had taken a Book of Mormon from the missionaries before, and we finally got to meet her. We had a lesson and talked about the Restoration. During the lesson I felt a very strong impression to talk about prayer. We discussed how powerful prayer can be, and I asked her if she ever prayed about Joseph Smith and he Book of Mormon. She said no, and I just told her she should. She accepted right away, and at the end of the lesson she cried during the prayer. She explained a stranger connection she feels to the Book of Mormon and the people it talks about in it. It was amazing. I'm so blessed to get to know these people as I'm here. 

Great Zone.



I also got to meet a less active named Natalie, who is like one of the coolest people on the planet. She's only a couple years older than me, and she's a straight up adrenaline junky. She does everything, like Dad XD. We got to meet with her and had an amazing discussion about her history with the church, and what it means to us. The spirit was very strong, and we had a great time. She even agreed to come to church on Sunday. 

Overall I have felt myself growing in Chur. As a person, a missionary, and disciple of Christ. I have become a more powerful teacher, finder, and I've become more confident. My faith has been solidified, and my testimony very strengthened. I love this mission. I have an unwavering testimony built on Jesus Christ, the only sure foundation. I heard a good quote at zone Training yesterday: By design, we are weak. By choice, we are strong. I want to give testimony of that fact. The power of Jesus Christ is the power to change our natures. When we just decide that we want what he has to give us... even if we just WANT to want it, we will begin to change. As we follow his commandments, we will be changed, and we will receive the blessings that the Lord has prepared for us. 
 
Beautiful sunset.
 

I always wish I could explain all the amazing things I experience in one week, but I can't. It's impossible, and I never have the time for it. I guess you'll have to wait until I can tell it all to you face to face. 

I love you very much mom! So much! This work is true, and I love it! 
Thanks for everything! Can't wait to hear from you again! 

-Tanner

P.s. Can't wait for Mother's Day!

P.s.s. I got an email from Elder Ormsby, informing me that Hans died last week. My investigator in my last area. Please pray for him. I miss him. 

Comments

Popular Posts