Winter is here.

Hey there everyone!
I'm doing wonderful, how are you?? I know how you feel. Time flies very fast. Seems like I just got here, but it's been 6 months! People told me this would go by fast, but they didn't tell me it would be like a dream. It went by like a month at home! Winthrop looked beautiful! Can't wait to visit there someday. Good job following that spiritual prompting. I have no doubt that that will result in definite progress. Heavenly Father is definitely backing you on this one. 

 The girls have always been amazing with trials. They just never give up. They are amazing examples for me, in ways I should handle my trials here. We have a very blessed family, that's for sure. 

me doing "fruh sport"  (early morning sport)

My weeks have been wonderful! We've been working hard with our three promising friends. 2 of them will make it no doubt. Michael is really struggling to give up smoking. I'm glad you're keeping them in your prayers. I've given him a blessing, and we call him very frequently. We hope he will continue trying and that he will be honest with us. 

I love that quote by Elder Nelson. I know I am learning to feel the love and joy he felt as he watched others repent and turn to the Father. Jesus Christ's life was very hard... but it also contained much joy. I can only assume that he had a very good childhood, and I'm sure of the immense joy he felt as he helped his disciples understand the kingdom of heaven. I feel that he is doing the same to me, and also enjoying it. I know I am. I've learned so mich more about the nature of our purpose here on earth, and the Character of Christ than I've ever even dreamed I could know. When we prepare ourselves to learn. He teaches us. 
A zone training

My companion is amazing. We are already best friends. We decided that if I go to BYU we're rooming together. He's an amazing missionary and I haven't had this much fun or worked so hard so gladly on my mission until now. I'll be sure to enjoy my time. 
I fell asleep on train home from Ulm
Yeah I saw Sister Harwood's (my friend's daughter in same mission) picture in our mission newspaper! She looks familiar, but I don't know if we've ever met. She's on the other side of the mission from me, but that'd be cool if I got to meet her! I've heard Graz is a wonderful area. I've heard her trainer is very good as well. A legendary sister missionary. 

Apparently schnitzel isn't that hard to make! I'm going to try to learn and then make it for you all when I get back. That'll be my: "rice and beans" for my family, like dad makes. That Mongolian beef sounds divine. I have a confession... the Asian food here is really bad. And it makes me sad :( I've been dying for Tri-teriyaki. 

I hear from a lot of people actually! From people in other missions, and from Blake, Kyle, Jake, Tanner Jones, you all! It's nice to get so much mail on Mondays. I also hear from all my MTC Friends. 

This week was pretty good! Except... winter is here already. We had no Fall. It's been a high of 7 degrees and a low of 3 degrees all week. I had no time to buy winter clothes. (Don't worry I have some Hand me down stuff in the apartment.) and our heaters in our apartment don't work... xD it's VERY COLD. But if we study in our beds it's totally fine. We're hoping to get a new water heater this week.  

its so cold...

Elder Hales made our bunk bed fort because it's sooo cold.

This week we met with our friends getting ready for baptism, and it was a wonderful time! Good lessons and everyone is excited. We also got to attend a baptism from the Göppingen Elders! It was amazing to see, and one of the most emotional times of my mission so far. It struck me about how hard we work as missionaries for such a small moment. All of our work comes together to one minute. One minute, but also one of he most holy, spiritual moments one can ever witness. A baptism. She was so happy. Seeing the joy she felt as she rose out of the water and wept as she embraced the friend that baptized her. It was an amazing moment, and I'm really glad I witnessed it. It helped me understand what it takes to be ready for baptism. I can't wait until I see someone I've grown to love enter those waters. 

Aside from that, we worked hard this week and got lots of good work in. Nothing extremely special to report on, but we have lots of good people we're teaching and lots of other good people that we're finding. This week has been, as we In the celestial language say it: Eine schöne Zeit für missions Arbeit. A little German rhyme for you there. It means. A beautiful time for missionary work. It doesn't sound as good in English.... either way. A wonderful week indeed. 
Elder Hales in his warm cocoon
I had that German epiphany! I woke up one morning... and now I understand almost everything people say and I can speak back to them without much effort! Woot! Thank goodness that we have he Holy Ghost, because without it NOTHING would get done. I told someone off the street yesterday that I've been here for 5 months and they said: whaaaat?? I've been here for two years, why can you speak so good and I can't?? I told them we get enough practice, and it helps when you have he Lord backing you. He wasn't interested, but he was intrigued! Who knows what'll happen. 

Well I love you all very much. I love you mom and dad. I want you to know that someone told me this week that I must've had very good parents. I told them I'd tell you that :) again, love you! Until next week!
Before he transferred, we sang for a conference



Comments

Popular Posts