Baptism miracles and Elder Hale

Hello wonderful mother :) 

Wow! Sounds like things are doing great at home! :) I love the elk. I'm glad everyone is starting to find their happy place there and settle into life. 

my new companion, Elder Hale

October fest in Germany... oh yeah. Just imagine the whole month of October fest in Leavenworth.... packed into 2 weeks, with real Germans. That's about how long it lasts, but it's REALLY Intense. It's actually strange, October fest really only happens in München... here we have smaller celebrations, but Oktober fest stays around München. 

My favorite drink, turkisch soda


Ok here's where the miracles come in.... 

Justine is a 16 year old friend of one of the young men in the ward. She's been coming to church every Sunday for months and months. She's read the whole Book of Mormon and we've been teaching her for a while. She wanted to be baptized, but wanted to wait because of her parents. They didn't approve of the church too much. 

We went to church on Sunday to watch general conference... and miracles HAPPENED. A member family walked in and we greeted them. Sister Mücke then told us that JUSTINE HAS DECIDED TO BE BAPTIZED. On November 6th!! I couldn't contain my excitement!! She discussed it with her parents, and they gave her the go ahead! So we have two baptisms scheduled for he same week in November. 

Then, if that wasn't enough.... 

Only ten minutes later, we were surprised by a phone call! Britte called us and said she was coming to church to watch conference. She arrived, and immediately came up to us and said: I want to be baptized. I was shocked. I even asked her to repeat what she said so I didn't misunderstand. Britte, Justine, and Michael are all getting baptized!! :D This week i have been so full of Love for my savior and how he has blessed these people with a desire to come closer to him and take this important step. So amazing. 

Aside from that, we've had other amazing things as well! One day we decided to go do some hardcore door to door contacting. We decided we wouldn't come home until we had 5 phone numbers. We were there from 4 to 8 pm, walking out in the country and dooring these little villages. We had found no one. But when I got home, I felt nothing but happiness and satisfaction, because I did my best. We were rewarded the next day. We went out to send out a letter to the office, and talked to two people on the way. Both people gave us their information. 
They were both very interested in hearing our message, it was wonderful :D so we'll meet with them this week. 

It was cold...

My new companion.... is..... AWESOME. I kid you not, we are the same person. He doesn't eat bacon. He played games. We have the same journal. We eat oatmeal on toast. I could go on forever, but we are like the same person! Im going to really really enjoy working with this guy, and it's a shame that I won't be working with him for very long. I'll probably only be here for another five weeks. But he is so cool! Funny guy. First thing he did when he got here was rearrange the apartment, which is really nice, I like it a lot better then I did before. His name is Elder Hale. He's from Utah, and he was my trainer's MTC Companion. 

me and Elder Hale


Sometimes people just get transferred quicker than others... I'm not sure why. But cool! What is your friends daughters name? My new companion was a zone leader in Austria, so he might know her... 
 
We found this beautiful house while out dooring.
 


Well I don't have too much time today, sorry about that. I'm really glad things are doing better this week though. Thanks for all the pictures and news. I love you guys very much. Thank you mom, for the awesome thought about conference. Conference was amazing, and I'm glad we both found such a pure good message out of it. The gospel of Jesus Christ is my life out here. It's what I'm inviting people to do. To live it. To try it. I love that it is so simple. 

I love you very much :) live for the simple things.

-Tanner

Comments

  1. Really happy that you're working hard and loving the people, that's the basis for all success.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts