Lots of cows and pretty houses in Buch.

Hey everyone!

We NEED God. He's also ALWAYS there. He's in everything. 

I'm doing great. This week was amazing! The apartment is still cold... but we're working on it. I actually went and bought clothes today! Thank you for the tips. I actually bought a wool scarf :) we'll see what else I need when It starts getting colder. I've been told that what i have right now should be enough... 
 
Pretty houses.
Hope the fam is doing well :)

Michael is doing good. He's just having such a hard time with smoking. He will make it though. I've grown to love him very much. He's one of my best pals. He's old enough to be my dad, but still. Awesome man. Love him to death. He'll come along just fine :) 

Justine and Britte are still on schedule :) Justine is getting baptized in just a few short weeks! Wooo! 

Here's my entire week!

So on Monday, we cleaned the apartment and did some shopping and I took the time to shine my shoes! (They look beautiful) I lost one of my nametags... (but then found it). I had accidentally slammed it in the car door, and it was still sitting in the frame of the car door. (It was a v shape when I found it) don't worry, i fixed it. xD Our car needed repairs so we dropped it off that day (it had a bunch of dents from a huge hailstorm during the summer). That evening we walked to the Family Bulla's house (a member family) and they made us dinner and we had a great time. We shared a spiritual thought with them and went home. The Bullas are like my family away from you guys. They're amazing. Sister Bulla called me a girl last week because I couldn't finish my dinner xD (I had eaten 3 sandwiches, and she was offering me another one.)
 
planning.
 
Tuesday was Zone training! That's where all the missionaries in the Stuttgart zone go to Stuttgart and do a mini conference together. It was great to see everyone once again. And guess what?? Elder Scalese and Elder Bowmen moved into my zone last transfer!! So I got to see both my MTC buddies this week! After that we all did a street display on königstraße (the biggest busiest street in Stuttgart) and just talked with people for 3 or four hours. :D I gave a thirty second lesson to a young man about Joseph Smith, because he said "ich bin spät von der Arbeit nach hause gekommen" which means "im late coming home from work" and I said "nur ganz kurz, ehrlich" (very quick then, promise!) and he said "ok, 30 Sekunden, los!" (30 seconds, go) and that was fun. He took a Book of Mormon and a pamphlet about Joseph Smith :) we then fell asleep on the train and went home. 
 
The sign says, "What would McGyver do?"
 

On Wednesday we picked up our newly repaired car! After that we went finding in this small town called Schwabberg! We went door to door for HOURS and found no one... then on the way back to the car some guy was raking leaves and we asked him if he wanted some help. He looked at us and said: "oh boy... Jehovas Witnesses, right?" And we laughed and said: "no, silly, the Mormons!" And he was like: "Mormons?? They have those here??" We said "you betcha!" We told him that we're going door to door sharing our message with people and wanted to know if he would like help with anything or a message. He politely said no, but pointed us in the direction of someone who might have interest! He was a very nice man. Then we went and knocked on that door, and the man was excited to see us, and told us to come back in a week! It was awesome. After that, we taught a man named Evan. He's from Camaroon, Africa. He's trying to learn German, so we did some German study with him. Afterward we talked about how God is our Heavenly Father. It was a wonderful discussion. He's become a good friend of ours. 
 
 

On Thursday a man came and looked at our water heater... our landlord was there as well. The man took a look at it, fiddled with it and said: looks good to me! And then he left! We were pretty surprised. Our landlord explained the situation to him but he said he didn't have time, but someone else would come look at it. Customer service is non existent here... because everything is owned by the government... xD. After that we went finding in a small place called Buch. It was a  pretty little town, we took some pictures. Really nice houses :) and cows. Lots of cows.  Then we went and taught Michael. We had brother Starr with us (an American member from Utah in our branch here) and that was good. 
 
lots of cows.
 

On Friday we visited Bruder Stanke once more! But he was so different his time.. he seemed really humbled. He told us: it's about time I try to do more in the church. So he's coming very often now and our lesson with him was very spiritual! We talked about recieving revelation from God. We watched the videos: patterns of light, by elder Bednar. (Look them up if you get the chance. Amazing videos.) Then we met with a new investigator named Norbert! He's a peculiar man... he said almost nothing the whole lesson except when we were talking about commandments he said: killing is against the commandments! And smiled. He seemed to be a little challenged... but he loved the message and said he would read the book and be baptized if he could find out it's true! Cool guy. Odd. But cool. 
 
 

On Saturday we went and had lunch with Michael in a little bakery in Nördlingen! They had amazing fresh breads and pastries. Oh man. I had. A real. German. Berliner. It was delicious! They're the little pastries... little round ones with sugar all over them and really good marmalade inside. It was awesome. Sadly I took no picture. Afterwards we went and helped the other people in our building clean the apartment (in Germany it's called "kehr woche" where everyone just cleans the stairwell and stuff. Then we baked cookies for the branch potluck the following day! After that we went and taught another new investigator named Daniel. He is awesome. He's so excited to learn about all this stuff he's never heard before. He came to church last Sunday and loved it. We taught him about the restored gospel. As missionaries we are asked to memorize Joseph's Smiths account of his vision in the grove (when Jesus Christ and God appeared to him and called him a prophet) and I felt impressed to share it with him. As I did, this overwhelming feeling came over me as I was reminded once more that what I was saying was true. It was indescribable. Before I was 2 lines in I found myself choking up. The room was so quiet. Afterwards I told him that I knew it was true. And that he could know too. It was a great lesson. 
 
Baking cookies!
 

On Sunday we had a wonderful church meeting, it was very spiritual. Many good talks were given. My companion gave a talk. He got up and looked at his paper and said "I've prepared a long boring talk, but I feel impressed to speak freely" he then gave an amazing talk on the plan of salvation without a paper or prompt! It was great. Afterwards we had a branch potluck! Lots of good food. Then we visited Schwester Richter (the old lady we visit every week) we then went home and studied and some members invited us over for tea! We had a good time with them and shared a spiritual thought. Our thought was about what would happen if Jesus Christ never came. It was very emotional. As we went around and bore testimony of him, I again wept. I felt such an awareness and appreciation for the amazing life of our Savior. My Savior. Without him, nothing could be. 

And then today I bought winter stuff! I bought a nice thick European jacket! A scarf, and some gloves. I look like a stylish European! No pictures yet, but there will be...  also bought a thick coat. Very nice stuff. I'm excited to wear them! 

And that was my week. I'm at the Bullas again right now (they let us write emails here because their wifi is better. 

I love you too mom. Very much. I cannot describe my gratitude for all that you and dad have done. I cherish every moment, even the tough ones. You are both amazing. We still have many wonderful moments to share in the future, and I love sharing mine with you now. Until next week. :) 

With much love, Tanner

Comments

Popular Posts