Kaufusi leaving already...I'm going to TRAIN!

I am doing AWESOME. I can't believe how much snow you guys have at home!! It's amazing! I'm glad to hear you guys are enjoying it so much. I'm still waiting for snow up here!! It rained a lot today and it hasn't been too cold in the last week. I'll just keep hoping! 
 
Schonbrunn Palace in Wien (Vienna).
 
This week has been really good. It has been a little hard not being with you guys around the holidays, but the spirit has been lifting me through it. The Lord really takes care of me out here. Elder Kaufusi and I are getting along really nicely! We've really connected in the last week and it's been a lot of fun together. He's such a hard worker and you can tell he's really sincere in the way he teaches. He has a great work ethic and it's been awesome learning a lot from him. 
 
Elder Kaufusi, we are at a ward lunch.
 
Thank you for sharing your story about your friend you visited. It's people you meet like that that help you know you're in the right place.  I love your experience because that's how things should be with us as members. We should be constantly trying to reach out to those who are struggling. Especially less active members. Sometimes the people here expect the missionaries to do all of that work. It's true that it is part of our responsibilities. But sometimes people don't understand the importance of member involvement. We hear often from less actives that we visit that "were just there because it's our job." But that isn't true. We really do care, but others sometimes don't see it that way. However, when a member who is not obligated to reach out reaches out to you and tells you that you matter to the ward, it is something very special.

My MTC Crew!!!!  We met up!


So good to see them!


Haha my voice has actually developed a lot on my mission... at Christmas conference I sang alto for a quartet version of "still still still." (If you remember I sang that song for a relief society activity a long time ago) And im currently practicing O Holy Night. It is difficult, but I love it. I can't wait to sing it. I'll see if my companion can record it. :) 
 

I am very grateful for my testimony. Every time I encounter hardship or opposition I'm always able to reflect and say to myself: well at least it's true... it really is. And I am very very grateful for the gift of that knowledge. 
 


 

Im glad you got the package!! And that you enjoyed it! I think the camera works, it just needs batteries and some material to work with. Lebkuchen is amazing!! It's one of my favorite Christmas treats here. I'm glad it was still edible! I am very excited for the package and the letters. Can't wait to get them :) 
 
A member made us the best pizza in the world!
 
Well I don't actually have like any time to do emails today D: so I can't give a big rundown of my week! But I'll give you the highlights and answer your questions and write you all personally! You may get them tomorrow though or later tonight. But you'll get them! 
 
Sadbal Kuzco from India..amazing man.


 

So I'm going to start with the big news.... 

On Friday we got a surprise phone call from president Kohler!! We were just doing our planning when he called. He told us he was just going to give us our transfer notices right then! (So you know, every time president does a personal call for transfers, it means something big is happening.) And he told me that elder Kaufusi is leaving!l! D: he's going to München to be zone leader! And I only had him for one transfer! And if I wasn't surprised already... guess what? I AM TRAINING A NEW MISSIONARY!! :D woooooo! When he told me that I flipped out!! I'm getting a brand new missionary companion on Wednesday and I get to show him the ropes!! We are going to have a blast. But I won't know who he is until tomorrow night! WOOOOOOO
 
The Pinol Family.  They feed us every Friday..wonderful family!
 

Aside from that I had a cool exchange in Wien! We had an opportunity to meet with an investigator who knows ALOT about the church already and the lesson consisted of her asking us each individually what the atonement is. It was a hard question to answer. I know what it is, but being asked on a personal basis really made me have to think. I would encourage you to all ask yourselves that question and write down your answer. In a year or so, ask it again. You'll be surprised about what you learn. 
 
At Schonbrunn Palace in Wien.


 

Well I'm sorry but that's all I have time for right now :( but next week will be a better update and you'll all still get your personal emails. 

I love you mom. I love you everyone. Keep progressing. 

Elder Larson

Comments

Popular Posts