Thanksgiving dinner!

From Nov 25, 2017:

Hi there Mommy!!!

I'm doing fantastic, and to answer your question, we had thanksgiving at the President's house, where his wife made an amazing American Thanksgiving dinner for us. :D It was amazing. Absolutely mind blowing. A lot of missionaries were there and we had a great time! 
 
Thanksgiving Dinner at the office!


Delicious Thanksgiving dinner!!!

Thanksgiving group with President and Mission mom!
 
I am really liking my place in the office. It's a really nice change and I just really enjoy the schedule, the work, and the people! I indeed have two companions :D Elder Wojciechowski and Elder Valentine and we have so many great adventures!! It's pretty different than what I've been doing. I work in the office from 10-5 and then do normal things after that, like finding and teaching. I'm managing the mission finances. All ticket orders, reimbursements, monthly money for the missionaries, purchases and receipts management, transfer plans, and interview plans. It's a lot, but I'm learning pretty fast. Elder Wojciechowski is teaching me everything about it. We actually live in the same building as the office, which is really nice! I see President almost every day, and it's pretty awesome. :) 

Sounds like you had a wonderful thanksgiving too!!! I wish I could've celebrated with you guys!! Next year, next year... Also can't wait to sing with you all again. :) Elder Wojciechowski and I sing together all the time. He has a great voice!! I did indeed buy new strings for my guitar and I cleaned it up. It's an amazingly nice guitar. I think it's better than the one back home. It's awesome. 

I'll be singing another duet with President soon. :D I can't remember the song though. It's beautiful!

Office brother, Elder Tunnicliffe

So I'll share a few things from the week! President told us an amazing story this week about a missionary in the mission. He told us that a missionary was once in an interview with him, and told him that he had had repeated dreams about a certain family, and in the dreams he was teaching them. Every dream was the same, and one day he knew exactly in which area this family was. President didn't hesitate and transferred him to that area next transfer. He didn't hear much for a while, but one day President got a letter from this missionary, and all it said was: President. I found them. I found the family. This family is now being taught, and will be baptized soon. What an amazing story. I know that the Lord is working. He is working to show us where the prepared are. 

After a tough workout!



We're teaching a guy named Johnbosco, from Africa and he'll be baptized in two weeks. :) In my first lesson with him, he talked about how he was having a hard time, and felt like Satan was trying to take his faith away from him. We talked about how we have to be tried before receiving a witness. The next week he explained that his faith had indeed been strengthened, and that he wanted to be baptized. He'll be at church tomorrow. So awesome!!!! What a bosco. Sorry, couldn't resist that one. 
 

E. Caleamuggio dislocating his shoulder??
 
I'm rapidly running out of time, but wanted to share a funny story about my companion.
 
Elder Wojciechowski got up one day from his desk and declared: "I'm going to the bathroom. I'll be back in 30 minutes." I looked up in shock and exclaimed: "Thirty minutes??? Why do you need thirty minutes??" He looked at me straightly, leaned on the cabinet and asked me a question: 
"Elder, what do you do before you study?" I gave him my answer: "Pray...?" 
"Exactly!!" He replied enthusiastically. "And what do you do after you study?"
"...Pray again...? I asked, not sure where this was going.
"Correct," he shot back. "Now what do you think I do before I use the toilet?"
I stared at him blankly. "Pray?" I asked sarcastically.
"No, Elder!" He said, not understanding how I didn't get what he meant. "I have to find my inner peace!"
"Inner Peace??" I asked in bewilderment. "What does that mean??"
"And afterwards I need to cool down!" He replied flatly, disregarding my question. "Therefore, it takes 30 minutes." 
"Whatever..." I said, rolling my eyes. "See you then!"

That's just so you know... My companions are a riot. xD 

I'll just end with something I got from my personal Study this week. 
 
 

I was reading in 1 Nephi 6 this week, when Nephi described how he: "Didn't write everything down about his father's record, in order to make room for the things of God." I thought that was fascinating... Nothing would have been wrong with making a record about his father. It probably would've been interesting! But Nephi knew the difference between better and best. He knew that he needed to leave room to write the things that the Spirit of the Lord would inspire him to write. The things of God. As a result, we now have the small plates of Nephi as a part of the Book of Mormon, and there was enough room for many good people to write on them. Enos and Jacob. We have their writings because of it. All because Nephi followed the Lord's counsel. How often do we forget to "Leave room" for the things of god in our lives? I think we can get so distracted by even good things in our lives, that we forget to go for the best things. We miss opportunities, all because we fill up the space meant for the things of God. It impressed me quite a bit, and I soon afterward decided to refine my study and pondering. :) 

Well that was my week Mom. I gotta go, but I can't wait to talk to you at Christmas time. :) Only a month away. I love you and miss you!!! 

-Elder Tanner Laron

Also, Christmas list:
Do what you guys want, there's only a few things I really want. :) 
1. Chips
2. Jack Links Beef Jerky (4 bags would be awesome)
3. Cinnamon life
4. More American Crew Gel (Love it)
5. Crest toothpaste

That should be everything. :) Love you!!!! 

Comments

Popular Posts