A kilo of Lebkuchen.

From Sept 27, 2017:

Hey Shellimom!

Hey thanks for enjoying my last letter! I also really enjoyed this round of letters from you guys. :) They made me happy, because it seems like you are all happy. Especially now that you're feeling better! Thank goodness!

Haha, funny story. Well, not funny. Sad. But we CAN move on from this! Monday's baptism didn't happen, because of some complications. He was really dissapointed, as well as we were. But he was honest in the interview and he is preparing himself to be baptized in about a week and a half. On top of that though, the Austrian government has now told him he has 4 days to leave the country, because he wasn't approved for a Visa! 
The problem is: He came from Nigeria as a refugee, but they can only let so many refugees into the country, and there needs to be some priorities. He doesn't have any urgent threats in his home country, and simply wants to live here to have a better life. Compared to the reasons of others who want to stay because of war and violence and the such, he doesn't have a very high priority case. It's sad, but kind of how it has to work. 
The Bishop is on the city council and is helping Monday locate a lawyer that can help him, although there's no guarantee anything can be done. We're just praying for him and hoping for the best. Please pray for him as well. I know that no matter what happens, he is converted and will be baptized and live a good life, but if he goes back to Nigeria I'll probably never see or hear from him again. He's become a good friend of mine and it'll just be sad if he has to go. :( But we're staying optimistic and trusting in the Lord! 
Bahnhof

 Haha! Glad you enjoyed the Hedgehog! He was so sweet! I was totally not expecting to see a wild hedgehog, and NOT expecting to be able to pick him up. It was awesome though. He wasn't that prickly. He would've been if I had held him super tight or grabbed his back, but I lifted him up by his soft underbelly.

And yes, Elder Ballard is coming!!! He'll be here on the 20th of Oktober, and we'll all travel to Munich to see him. He'll be introducing Facebook Proselyting to us. I actually don't know much about it myself, but I know that missionaries will be encouraged to use their old Facebook profiles to try and share the Gospel. As far as I know, proselyting activities will now include talking to people on Facebook and even teaching lessons and principles over social media. How and when, I'm not entirely sure, but we'll figure out more about it whenhe comes. :) Sounds exciting! Apparently Facebook proselyting has shown a HUGE increase in missionary success in recent months. Some missionaries in our mission are already testing it out.

Well I'll try to fill you in on this week before I have to head out today! I'll send pictures as well but I only got a few this week, so sorry about that in advance. :/

So as a starter, I made cookies this week for the youth in the ward and they were a hit!! All I did was make some basic chocolate chip cookies, but they were apparently: "SOOOOO GUUUT" -Leah Schmid. And "Some of the best cookies I have ever eaten!" -Jona Schmidt. One even said: "Sie waren echt gut, und wir haben sie alle aufgegessen!" -Kiara Föger. So that was cool! I'm glad they enjoyed them, although they ate them all!!

The delicious cookies I made

The Holy Ghost REALLY helped me translate this week! I was translating all talks in sacrament meeting and it was so easy for me for some reason! It was so nice. Maybe I'm really getting better at it! It was actually a lot of fun and not too much stress.

We helped a part member family move a bunch of stuff this week! Afterwords he invited us out to pizza and it was so good! Except that afterwards I had the most horrible headache the whole day!! I don't know why. It was gone the next day. But we helped him move a HUGE Metal fireplace. It was crazy heavy, but we accomplished it!

We had an exchange with the Zone Leaders this week and I got to go finding with my good friend Elder Litta. It was really nice, because believe it or not I'm still socially awkward (Yes) and watching him talk to people gave me a lot more new ideas of how I can improve! It was a lot of fun and we found some cool guys. There's a reason they're zone leaders for sure! I've come to peace with the fact that maybe I'm not the most powerful or coordinated speaker when speaking to strangers about my faith, but I still get out and do it. I don't let it scare me away from working! It feels great. 
A little Star Trek humor.

We had a game night on Monday, and invited a bunch of friends and they ALL CAME! It was so cool! They had a really great time and it was a super important bonding time between us, without just teaching a lesson to them. Alex even beat me in chess, the little punk. Never saw it coming. He's 15 years old! But I rocked at Ping-Pong.

Guess what they've started selling at stores now?? LEBKUCHEN! Guess who bought a kilo of it?? THIS GUY! It's that time of year! I'm not a big sweets guy, but I love Lebkuchen. I'll be sure to send you more this Christmas. :) 


A little more Star Trek humor.

I was reading in 3rd Nephi this week and before I started my study, I asked for another confirmation of the truth of the things we teach people. I don't know exactly what I was expecting, but as I read 3rd Nephi 11:7-11, and read the words "I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified should come into the world." I got nailed by the strongest spirit. I knew in that moment that our Savior visited the Lamanites and the Nephites and that the Book of Mormon is true. I still know it. The feeling burns within me, and there is a fire in my bones that will not go out. It makes me move. It prompts me to speak, and testify concerning him. I do not fear. I know it is the truth. I can't wait to see other people find out for themselves. It keeps happening all the time, again and again. No one that has felt it can ever deny it with honesty. The Book of Mormon testifies of Christ. Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world, and I am grateful to carry this message unto the hearts of the children of men.

Speaking of that, we went street contacting this week and met the COOLEST GIRL. She is from Italy, and as we spoke we felt the Holy Ghost speaking through us, and the spirit was so strong. That spirit touched the heart of this 24 year old who didn't believe in God, and she now meets with us to find her faith. I am so grateful that God shows us our worth as missionaries again and again, and although I could go my whole mission happy just to preach and never see the fruits of my labors, I am eternally grateful for the fruits He does show me, because He loves me.

Well Mommo I gotta run. Thanks so much for the email and everything. I love you so much and can't wait to see you in 6 months! Have a great week, and God be with you!

Your son,

Tanner

Comments

Popular Posts