The Lord is my light, then why should I fear?

Yellow!

I'm feeling pretty good. :) I'm staying optimistic, and we're currently doing the absolute best with what we have! It feels pretty good. It sounds like you're doing good too! I'm also glad youre getting back into tennis, because I want to get back into it when I get home! I can get back in shape real fast!
 
Our zone hiking together.
 
You're adjusting to your getting up at 4:30?? I didn't even feel adjusted to 6:30 until like a transfer ago! :O But it sounds like you got a good system figured out! I usually try to get to bed around 9:30 too, but it doesn't always work -_- I just get distracted. Usually I'm down at about 10:30.

Startin to get cold, huh? Here too. :) We wear our light coats all the time now. It's still pretty rainy. I miss Halloween, but they don't do it here. It's technically a holiday, but no one really does anything for it! They all acknowledge it, but it doesn't hold much meaning.

I loved the pic from your seminary class!

My week was good, and I'm feeling pretty upbeat. :) Things are on the up and up again, even though we're not as busy with teaching as I'd like. We're just trying to expand our teaching pool. Emotionally I'm feeling good, and my spirit is being strengthened. Thanks for the prayers.

So we figured out that we will be getting Facebook on October 17th! That's pretty soon. Elder Ballard will address us on the 20th to usher in it's use. Pretty exciting!!! 
 
 

So this week was Crazy! Monday officially disappeared, and we suspect him deported. :( what can you do? Sometimes nothing. We have to accept it. I wish I'd gotten to say goodbye though! That woulda been nice. I pray every day that he finds the church in Nigeria. I hope he's ok. It's just hard knowing that he worked so hard to come so far, only to have to go back to the life he knew before.

We met an awesome girl on the street named Alix! She's from France, but speaks great German and English. We found out on the street that she was Christian and looking for a church to attend, so naturally, we offered ours. :) she accepted and gave us her number. Super cool!
She's probably around our age, and studying. Sometimes I look at people and feel a special desire to speak to them. Most of the times I do, it ends up being a great experience. I know the Lord is putting people in our path for us to talk to.



General Conference was great! I feel like I learned a lot more about the personalities of the Apostles this time than any other. It felt very personal to me. I haven't decided on a favorite talk yet, but a couple would have to be Russel M. Nelson's and Neil L. Anderson's. When President Nelson asked us if we would choose riches over the Book of Mormon, it hit me like a hammer. I just want y'all to know: I know the Book of Mormon is true. I would not and could not trade it and the knowledge I've learned from it about my Savior for anything in this world. After praying and pondering on this talk, I am certain I could give it all away to follow God.

Also this week, Petra has set a date to be baptized and Maria has decided to be baptized! We're working with them to help them prepare. Petra will hopefully be baptized on the 23rd of December. I promised her she'd find an answer before that time, and I have to have faith in my own promise. I know if she works for it she'll find it. :) we just need to make sure we do all we can to help her find it.

We only spoke German outside the apartment this week! Elder Palfreyman just about died. It was hilarious, and a great learning experience for him. And it was his idea, so I don't feel too bad. ;) his German is fantastic though, and I'm so impressed with how much he has improved.

Speaking of training, I learned that Elder Ormsby is training for his second time! My own son! I have two grandchildren. :,) it's a beautifully thing. I expected nothing less from such a great missionary. I wonder if I'll get a great grandchild before I go home!


Speaking of going home... AGH! All the sisters in my MTC group are hittin the airport tomorrow! Bwah! Bwaaaah! I only have about 6 months. I mean... I STILL have 6 months. It's ok. I'm fine. Ha.

This week produced a lot of mixed feelings. We've had a lot of success with a few of our friends, but the other ones have kind of gone down hill. Ildiko doesn't understand why it's important to have one church, Dominik doesn't have any motivation to learn about God, Monday disappeared, and no one showed up to watch conference, although more than a few said they would come. But I am focusing on the good things. :) WE ARE DETERMINED. AND PERSISTANT. These people will know we are. My job is to give them the clearest choice they can possibly have, and if I learned anything from conference: "There is no greater message to share than the Restoration." -M. Russel Ballard

Needless to say... We need to find more people to teach.

In any case! I am starting transfer two with Elder "Chopin"! He's grown and learned so much in the first chapter and I hope we see some action this transfer to conclude our time together. :) 
 
 

It sounds like my only option is to begin applying to BYUI. If that's my only option that takes all the stress out of trying to decide where to go! Now all the stress is on what to study. xD It's a bummer, because I'll be away from everyone, but I'll figure it out. Idaho sounds like a good place to start.

Well Mom that was my update!! :) It's been good. We've had success and the Lord is blessing us with the strength to continue on. To forge ahead and have faith in the Lord's ability to call his elect to us and us to his elect. The Lord is my light, then why should I fear?

Love you so much Mom! I miss you. Every single day. Your prayers give me strength and peace. I look forward to our family reunion. :)

LOVE
Tanner

Comments

Popular Posts