My first castle and Snitzel

Hallo süße Mutter.
Es geht mir sehr gut! Wie geht's dir?
We visited our first castle!
That makes me very happy to hear of your good week. Things seem to be hectic over there right now, but I'm glad you could find the joy that comes with the simple things in life and the simplicity of life surrounding the Gospel. We are very lucky to have it. It brings us an overwhelming sense that everything will work out as long as we do our
best.
You repainted the cabin interior, huh? What color is it now? I'm sure it looks very nice :) can't wait to see it. The turkey families come around every morning, huh? Wow!

It's joys me that the girls enjoyed girls camp :) they needed a break from all the chaos, it sounds like. From their emails, they sound to be doing pretty good. Skylar seems more at peace with the move than she was before. I'm sure you're all very tired, with everything going on xD keep going though! Almost there!  (He is referring to our moving to our cabin).
There are 5 fires burning back home?? Whoah! Hope everyone stays safe. If it helps you can just wear my respirator ;) or my gas mask, but that might scream too much fashion.

My week has been wonderful. These past two weeks have been a fulfillment of promises and an answer to many prayers. I am falling in love with Germany. For real. Missionary life is becoming not so unfamiliar, and it's starting to become truly pleasant and rewarding. I realized this week that although people aren't listening to us very
much, we are learning and growing, and our testimonies are growing stronger. Me and my companion are doing splendid! He is leaving in about two weeks though, then I'll have to lead my area! Whoah! I'm also falling in love with the members. They are my family away from you guys. They really take care of us well, and are really getting involved in the missionary work here.  (YAY!)
 
This large green grassy field reminded us of The Sound of Music!
We found the highest point in our area.

Yeah I will definitely miss our Willowbrook church ward. They were the best ward we've ever had. What a wonderful bunch of supporting loving members. Haha a special kid? Idk about that, but I certainly appreciate it ;) that would be awesome if I could give my talk in the Tri Cities. Maybe I can give one in Cashmere as well.

Oh man, our P-day was awesome! We got to go to a ropes course! It was an obstacle course, but it was set in the trees, 50 ft up and higher! I don't know what changed from the time I was a scaredy cat on the Münster until now, but now I have no fear of heights! I was all over that! It was so cool. We went on zip lines and obstacles and all sorts of awesome things. It was wicked! I sent you some pictures of it, so I hope you get them. We also saw my first castle!
Ropes course

Ropes course
Yeah people are a little bit uneasy here since the attacks. You can feel it. We've heard quite a bit of racial fear floating around. People wanting to close the borders, or send people back to the Middle East. It's a little tense, but it's going ok.


At the castle with Elders Dean and Palmer


I just got to try a new food! It was snitzel! It's basically like pork fried steak! It was at an authentic German restaurant and it was Soooo good.

Yeah in this mission you stay with the same companion for about 3 months. You're in the same area for about 6. So I'm almost halfway done with this area! I still enjoy it here, but I'm also eager to get out and see the rest of Germany. So it's about half and half. I'll only have about 4-5 areas in my entire mission! Crazy, huh?

Bruder Starr, an American from Provo living in Germany with his German wife.

goofs

This has been a very mild summer. Very mild. I still wore a jacket sometimes this week. It's so mild! Lots of rain, and nice breezy days. We've only had a couple hot days. Call it a tender mercy.

My spirits have been much better.  I'm kind of finally settling into missionary life. The Lord is taking care of me. Thank you for your prayers. They really work :)

I am very grateful to be a missionary. It's truly like having a front row seat in watching the Atonement change lives. We have a man that is so close to baptism right now. The Lord is preparing him. In the past three weeks his life has gone from very very comfortable to very unstable. He used to have lots of pride, but because of these trials he is now one of the most humble people I know. He is so close. He just needs a little more time. I'm seeing other people change as well.
Seby from Romania.  He is so cool.  And Bro. Huonker.

I've also noticed a strange occurrence as a missionary. People feel the spirit around us. No matter where we go, people watch us. Something is different about us, but they don't know what. They just keep looking at us. When we look back, we give them a big smile and a wave, and it surprises them. Many people describe to us a certain feeling when we meet. They don't know what to call it. Unfortunately, even after we tell them what it is, there are many people who try to rationalize it as something else. But no one can deny the spirit our message brings. No one has yet. They can deny anything they wish, but they can never deny a testimony. We give our testimonies freely, and people have a clear choice. That is the best we can do. Give them a taste of the fruit. After that they can decide to grow their own tree, or throw the seed by the wayside. The field may be white already to harvest, but some fields are better hidden than others. It may be a difficult mission, but there is no shortage of miracles and truth shared.
Studying is hard sometimes.
I find myself taking much more joy in the work than before. I'm involved. I'm listening. I'm opening my mouth and speaking. I am doing the Lord's will. I've caught a glimpse of just how short this mission is really going to be. I'm already three months done! Three and a half! That's 1/8 done! In three more short months I'll be a fourth of the way done! the time is flying. I'm sorely convinced it is faster for me than it is for you all at home. I think I will start wishing I had more time sooner than I thought.
Justine is getting ready to be baptized.

Having fun with the members playing Ligretto...or Pounce.
Well I gotta go mom. I love you very much. Your prayers give me all the strength I need. I'll keep moving forward. I'll give my best every single day and I look forward to all of your emails. Thanks for being the best :) I can't believe my birthdays coming up soon... I'll be 20.

Looks like your little boy is going to grow up after all.

But I'll always be that little boy to you :)
We'd be a great boy band.

Funny German Ad..."Even superheroes have bad days"


Your son,
- Elder Larson

Comments

Popular Posts