Shepherds Pie

Hi family! :)

Yeah my mission has really blessed me these last weeks. It's just been so pleasant. It comes with a change of attitude :)

About transfers...

I am still in Ellwangen, but I am getting a new companion! Elder Sorenson is going off to Switzerland, and I am receiving a man by the name of Elder Donald! We don't know him, but have heard promising things. This all happens in two days! It's crazy. Elder Sorensen is still packing.

It is a little nerve racking, but it will work out. As long as he's a hard worker, we'll get along just fine :) I will miss Elder Sorensen though. He's been such an amazing companion, and we've had a blast doing missionary work together. He only has 7 months left. When I got here he had 10. So crazy. In five days is my four month mark. Crazy, how fast the time flies.
We made huge sausage pigs in a blanket.

I'm happy to know that you take joy in my emails :) I certainly hope so. It really is such an amazing place with amazing experiences. I can't wait to see more and learn more and teach more.

Wow, sounds like the moving process is really moving forward! Sounds crazy! It's going to be a blast trying to find room for everything, huh...? It'll work out. I trust that the Lord will be with you the whole way :) that ward in Cashmere is so supportive. All the people
there are full of love, it is quite awesome.  :)

Well I wouldn't expect it to take too long for an offer to appear for the house, it is a beautiful new house. Almost brand new! It'll come, it suspect quicker than you think ;)

Wow... Thats crazy. So many people we know are becoming affected by diabetes. It is a terrible disease. But God put you in a position to help your neighbor when they needed help. That is something we can all be grateful for. You were the answer to someone else's prayer for help. That can be a wonderful feeling. Way to go!

I'm sending a letter to you this week as well (actually a package) so expect that ;) and I'm looking forward to getting mine! :) I hope it comes soon. Thank you for everything mom. Without your prayers, I could not be here, the way I am now.

candy.

This week was full of love and wonderful lessons. This week, Thomas told us he is exhausted and doesn't know how much longer he can carry on. He told us that he feels like if he gives it his all to find out the truth about his gospel, he might just wear himself out trying to get an answer, and break down. He is really struggling. But the spirit
turned this into a teaching moment. He had previously told us that he tried lifting a boulder with a forklift to set it in his yard (he's renovating and redoing his property) and he tried it from all angles, and that finally the forklift broke. He said he was afraid that if he tried too hard on this, it would be he same, but he would break himself.

The spirit prompted me to speak. I told him that even though he broke the forklift, he found out that the forklift would not lift the rock. He found truth. It answered his question. I told him, God expects him to try at least that hard before getting an answer about the Book of Mormon. I told him if he works just as hard on that as he did trying to lift that Boulder, he will get an answer. He will find out. This was the first time Thomas actually committed with a promise to find out the truth. It was an amazing lesson, and we all rejoiced in his newfound challenge. And that's just one of them.

One lady named Britte has already known the gospel is true for the past few months, but she has denied baptism because if she accepts, her whole world will flip upside down. Her husband is a preacher for another denomination, and all of her friends belong there. Their house is owned by that denomination as well. if she gets baptized, she will lose her job, possibly her home, and even possibly her husband. We had a lesson with her, and she decided she must really think about baptism. It was a breakthrough for her. She wants to be willing to give anything up for the church.


Britte

That was just a piece, but the whole week was full of good things like that.

We also got thrown out of another house! Whoooo! :D it was great. As the man closed the door, we just turned and said: Thank you! Have a wonderful day! He was really confused, but closed the door. It was a really good opportunity to leave him with a good impression.

Long story short, this week was great. We worked hard every day, and rejoiced every day. We also made shepherds pie! Woot! It was so good. Not as good as yours, but good nonetheless! :)
Shepherds Pie

Thank you for the emails. I love receiving news and pictures from home. It's a wonderful feeling to know all is well back home. I love you and look forward to your replies. :)

Your almost 20 year old son Tanner :)

Comments

Popular Posts