Freiburg, Germany, and he's a NEAT freak?

Hey Mother! 

I am now in Germany! Freiburg is a beautiful city with nice people and a huge ward of more than 100 people. :) It is so cool, and everyone in the ward thought I was German! Both companions getting transferred doesn't happen very often. My last companion got sent to Esslingen, which is right next to my first area! He's having a good time there, too. Haha!  I am so happy I don't have to smuggle meat anymore! We're going shopping today, and I'm excited to spend less than 80 euro ;) the weather is pretty great! We've had some really hot days, but today is cool, and it even rained this morning! 



That's crazy about the animal in your car! I can't believe it! How did it get in?? Sounds like there's lots of big events coming up for our family soon! I pray everything will go well and that you guys will have a good week. Thanks for the encouragement and advice. I have good feelings about this transfer, and I know as long as I am diligent and do that which I I have set out to do, I will be successful in every way that matters. :) God is on my side. 

This last week was absolutely crazy, Mom. We thought transfer day was Thursday instead of Wednesday, but found out the night before that it was on Wednesday. We hadn't even packed. We were up until 1 in the morning and had to get up at 4:30 to catch the train to Zürich. I arrived at 8:30 and had to wait for my companion coming in at 11. When he arrived we received notice that we had to stay to help the new missionaries coming in at 5:30 pm. We waited there the whole day with the luggage, helping missionaries come and go. They didn't show up at 5:30, and we found out their train had been DERAILED! Everyone was fine, but they arrived at 8. so we were at Bahnhof for about 12 hours, and got home at 10:30, getting to sleep even later! 
 
Also, the apartment was the filthiest apartment I've ever come into. It was pretty disgusting. Elder Walton had tried to clean it, but his former companion made it very difficult. We spent two whole days cleaning it and throwing things out! But after that, we got things up and running and started working to find and teach people. 
 
BEFORE PICTURES:  (this is what it looked like when I arrived...)
 



 

AFTER PICTURES:  (had to be done...)






THIS IS SHELLI:  I have to just stop and say something here.  Tanner had the messiest room as a teen.  It got to the point I stopped trying, and would just shut his door so I wouldn't have to see or smell it.  Now he tells me he has to have things clean.  HALLELUJAH!

We had a couple cool experiences. One lady called us over from her window and asked us for some cigarettes. After telling her we didn't smoke, we offered her a message about Christ instead. She accepted! We now have an appointment with her this week! Another guy we met on the street told me that he didn't believe in God because he prayed and nothing happened. We asked him what he expected, and he said a sign. We were able to testify to him that God does speak, and that we can found out how to listen. He accepted our offer and we exchanged contact information. 
 
The members here are so nice and I ended up translating in Sacrament meeting, because a good percentage of members are actually African! I look forward to getting to know all of them. We had to say goodbye to our senior couple this week, the Gardeners. They're going home. It'll be sad to see them go, because they're awesome. We all had a big party with the young single adults in the ward to celebrate with them before they leave. It was sweet. 
Elder Walton fell asleep while studying.  It happens.
 
 Freiburg is a college city, with a huge university, so most of the people we talk to are young adults and students. Most of them are super cool, and more interested to speak than most people! We're teaching a couple right now, but I haven't been able to meet quite a few of them yet. 

I was studying in the scriptures this week in Alma chapter 5. in Verse 14. It Talks about God's image being recognizable through our countenances, and our behavior. I found that so cool when we let real lasting conversion occur in our lives, people can actually recognize the familiar spirit of our Heavenly Father in the way we act. I have a very strong testimony of this, and know that the people of this world recognize the light that emanates from us when we live according to the word of God. It's an amazing concept. 

I gotta go Mom. I just want you to know that I am happy, healthy, and with God. :) I am doing my best to live according to his commandments and will for his children, and helping in any way I can. I love you and pray for you and the family. Thanks for your words and Spiritual thoughts for me. I appreciate it and love you very much.

Until next week! 
-Elder Larson

Comments

Popular Posts