Baptisms...I don't know what to do, I've never gotten this far!

Hello wonderful Mother!

About Freiburg:
Yes, busy is always a good thing, and we have been crazy crazy busy this week. :) it definitely feels like I'm in the right place at the right time. I love Freiburg, and I feel like it's been a huge turning point in my mission where I've become a very confident missionary, and I feel like I finally really know how to do it. It's kinda nice. :) Freiburg is a cool city! I'll have to take more pictures so you can
see it. It's a pretty big area, although I've never actually been outside the city, which is weird. The city is pretty big. We usually walk or take the trams. There's lots of little trains going throughout the city, and we have a month card that gets us on. We do have bikes, too, but we've never used them. Our neighborhood is pretty great! We have nice people in our building (we're on the top floor, four floors up) and we also have some characters in the area. We always pass this funny African lady that loves talking to us, but has no interest in being taught. A lady across the street always calls us over and asks us for cigarettes. We always say we don't smoke and invite her to hear about Christ, but she says she'd rather not. XD Freiburg is also one of the two hottest cities in Germany, so you can imagine what it's like here. ;)

Some foreign exchange students from Utah!  They came with us on visits!

Spaghetti Plates at CHEERS:
I do miss the mountains quite a bit, but it's still a pretty area. It looks almost the same as Ellwangen, but we're in a bigger city. :) just nice green rolling hills. We and the other missionaries in our district have become regulars at this restaurant called Cheers. It's an all you can eat spaghetti plate! We do it every Tuesday after district meeting, and I normally only eat normal amounts, because I'm trying to be healthy. But Elder Warnick ate 3 huge bowls last time and almost threw up like three times! It was hilarious. Really good spaghetti though, and it's all you can eat for 4.50. really good price! All of Freiburg is pretty historical, it's just a really old city.

BAPTISMS:
So, some awesome things happened this week, Mom. If you read the subject, I'll explain it. (Subject:  BAPTISMS: I don't know what to do...I've never gotten this far!) We decided last week during weekly planning that to exercise our faith we would invite everyone we met with to baptism. We made some really strong goals and have just been going for it! And guess what?? Of everyone we've been teaching this week, no one has refused! We are now trying to prepare 4 people for baptism, and we have plans to invite more this week. It's been crazy. Maria and Blessing are getting baptized. This African guy named "God's Time" (for real) is getting baptized, and Abby also accepted a baptismal date! It's been a huge week of miracles and It feels so amazing. It's really been strengthening my faith in the missionary work here. I feel more ready and more strengthened to get out there and do it. To find people and teach people. It's been so cool. I've felt the confidence of the spirit pushing me and guiding me as to what I should say and do.

KFC before bed:
Some other funny things happened this week. We had an exchange with the Zone leaders that just went so out of whack. Basically, a planned trip to the KFC in Freiburg (there's only a few in Germany) for dinner turned out to be a huge complicated transportation  mess, in the which we returned home with our KFC at 11:30 and then proceeded to eat KFC right before bed.... horrible decision. Horrible. None of us slept. I know what you meant now, when you said it's bad to eat before bed. We were so exhausted. But we had a great exchange! It was so fun, and I learned a lot from our leaders. They really are there for a reason, and I know it because they always inspire me. The Lahr elders also stayed the night one night because of some transport complications, and in our evening time we watched Book of Mormon cartoons and Elder Warnick made us some awesome omelets.

 
Sorry, I feel bad because I never have much time and I always feel like I don't know what's most important to talk about. What kind of stuff do you like to hear about most? :)

It's great to know that you guys invite the Elders over. I'm planning on going to lots of appointments with them when I get home. And I'd also love a calling in the ward that has to do with missionary work. I absolutely love it. :) are you and your league playing any tournaments soon?

I'm so grateful to get your updates and know what's going on in your life. Even if I don't always have time to comment on it all. Thank you Mom. :) I love you very much. I pray for you and thank God everyday for you and the family. You're such a blessing to me, and I can't wait until I can tell you all about this in person. When I have more time.

Well I gotta go. Please tell Dad and the girls that they will get their emails tonight. We have to go to an appointment, but we'll be back tonight. :) love you! Miss you!

Tanner

P.s. Tell Gracie that the recording she sent me is beautiful. Her voice has matured so much and her technique and tone is astounding. Her voice reminds me so much of yours. Also, her range is
unbelievable!

Comments

Popular Posts