Goodbye President & Sis. Kohler.

Hey Mom!

I just have to apologize for the lateness of this email! It's been a crazy couple of days with some crazy circumstances. I'll have to tell you about it. :) really though, I apologize for the lateness, I said
I'd get it to you yesterday, but it didn't work out. I'm also sorry because I don't have a lot of time for the email, but I'll get out as much as I can. Please let the girls know that I'm sorry I didn't get to their emails, but that I'll get some really good emails out next week.

cool lake.

My week in my new area was good! I really feel like I'm starting to get the hang of this place. I'm really getting to know the people and my companion and I are working really well together. Elder Walton is a great guy. He struggles with his German, but really has a sincere desire to be out working. It's interesting, because he's so young on the mission but didn't get taught a lot of important stuff because of circumstances with his trainer, so I feel like I'm training a little bit again. Haha that was crazy about the transfer day and the mess, huh? I would've talked to president about it, but this issue is already very well known by President Kohler. There's just not a lot you can do about it. Either way, I'm glad you loved the cleaning job!:)

MTC Buds!



Speaking of President, he hasn't been replaced yet, but will be replaced at the end of this month! We just had our last zone conference with him today. I'll really miss him and sister Kohler. They've been such a support for me, and I love them very much. He really impacted the rest of my life.
Mission President and his wife, Pres. and Sis. Kohler.
 
 I'll share with you something I learned from him. So, in my last interviews with him a month or so ago, I expressed to him my concern about a little bit of lack of motivation. I told him that I was stressed and just didn't feel like I was measuring up to the missionary I envisioned I could become. I told him the struggles I was having with my fear of talking to people on the street (sometimes it gets hard, ok? ;)) when he shared with me some much needed wisdom. We talked about decision making and consequences, and we talked about making the harder right choices rather than the easier wrong choices. 
He talked about piano lessons, and how we have a choice to practice or not. He said not practicing would be the easier choice, and practicing the more difficult. But he also said that both choices require an equal price. You either pay up front and practice and become good, or you don't pay the price and end up paying it later by not being able to play piano. He said it's the same thing with missionary work. He said you can choose to not go out and to be lazy (easy) or get out and talk and teach (hard). But either way we pay the price. If we don't go, we pay the price of having no one to teach, and we forgo our personal growth and relationship to the Savior, and we feel guilty for laziness. If we choose to go, we pay an equal price, but one that brings blessings. We don't feel guilty, but instead receive joy at the effort we put in. We just have to sacrifice that initial comfort and fear. 
 
Saying goodbye to Pres. Kohler.
 
Basically, his lesson to me was to pay the right price, because either way it has to be paid. That interview was very good for me, and I enjoyed it. I've learned so much from President Kohler. I got to hug him and say goodbye today, and we also got the special opportunity to hug Sister Kohler! That was strange, not having hugged a female for a while... but it was a great conference!

Goodbye hug to Sis. Kohler.

We had a crazy week so far! We had a great lesson with a girl I'll call Talia, a college student from here. She's been meeting with missionaries for a while, but just finds it hard to understand the plan God has for her and his children. I met with her for the first time last week, and we had an amazing lesson. We talked about God's love and our ability to pray and receive answers, and how to deal with trials and unsurety. After the lesson she called us and told us that praying with her that day helped her so much, and that she understood so much more. She said she had this amazing feeling after we met, and because she wanted to feel it again we made another appointment! It was amazing. That's just a small example of everything I experience. 
 
Changing trains outside mission.

Elder Gurr...What a stud.

Elders Walton & Warnick.  Waiting for our train.
 
We also had a huge 3 day exchange this week, which we did not plan for but had to work anyways, because of the circumstances. We worked up in Lahr with the elders there for 3 days, which included Pday and zone conference. It was a fun exchange, and we worked really hard, but we had to stay because of ticket problems. On Tuesday we got to go to Europa park with them, which was a super awesome theme park in their area, and had an amazing Pday there. We had two young men from the ward there with us, and they were the coolest guys! So funny and good-natured. We went on almost all the rides, and Elder Warnick almost threw up more than once... but it was awesome. Lots of roller coasters and cool attractions.

Jesus Advertisement.

Overall, this week was a good one, and I'm very happy with where I am right now. :) im so glad the family is happy and ok. The Lord really watches over and helps us out. Thanks for the update. :)

Also, I have been hearing from Jacob! It's been super nice to be in contact with him!
Samy was paralyzed in an accident last year and is one of our best buds.


Well mom I hope I answered all you your questions and gave a good overview. :) it's so hard to explain all the little amazing things I'm experiencing, but I hope I got a good amount in there. When I have more time, I will definitely be able to go into more detail. I love you so much mom. Thank you much for the package too! I just got it today, and it's amazing! Exactly what I needed. :) you're just the best family ever.
Yes!  The package came!

Well I love you Mom! Until next week!

Comments

Popular Posts