through small and simple things.

From August 15, 2017:

Hey Momo!!!

WHEW!! In 10 days I'll be 21! I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm excited. But it's weird.

Well I actually don't have too much time today, I might have more time later but I'm not sure. I'd like to give you some details from the week. :) 
They won't know what hit them.  :)

So we had some great times this week!!! We ate some Arabic Food that was unbelievably spicy. Whoot. We got to visit a friend named Aich from Syria. We can't teach him because we can't really communicate (His german is crazy bad) but he fed us! It was some kind of gourd stuffed with meat and rice and it was delicious. But then we both ate a pepper from Turkey. Not a good decision. The results are in a video I will send you ;)

Aich!

We have a friend from Nigeria named Monday, and he's super cool!! He told us this week that he needs to be baptized and that he knows we are sent from God. That was pretty amazing. Needless to say, he will be baptized in 5 weeks. :) He's a huge answer to my prayers.

We had a cool concert this week at the church. The Rocky Mountain Springs Childrens Orchestra from Utah did a tour in Europe and we got to attend!! It was absolutely amazing. You should look them up, I couldn't believe how talented they were.

We got to go on a mountain bike ride on Tuesday!! I was not physically prepared for it. I've been running a lot, but that was crazy hard. Uphill the whole way, and very steep. Coming down was nice and fun though. :) 
Bike ride with Stefan!

I had a really nice experience this week where I was having a hard time on the street. My confidence was pretty low, and I was struggling with the language, and I just felt so tired. I prayed for a confirmation for my faith that the Lord would help me. Right after this prayer we decided to take a bathroom break and headed into the mall here. On the way into the building, some random guy my age made eye contact with me and threw up his arm for a random high five. We shared a solid high five, and kept walking past each other. It made me smile, and put me in a good mood. It was really small, but I know the Lord brings to pass great things through his small and simple things.

I fell asleep last night to some great music. There's a local country band in the small town where we live, and they practice sometimes. It's nice to get home in the evening and hear their amazing voices. We just read scriptures and listen sometimes. They remind me of the Lower Lights.



Also, we've been trying something new this week. Every time we are done planning we make sure to pray and tell the Lord where we are going to be that day, and we ask him to send people in our path who will listen it has worked every day. It's interesting what can happen when we show the Lord we are committed to our plans, and we exercise our faith.

I have a cool quote from Brigham Young:
"The worst fear that I have about the members of this church is that they will get rich in this country, forget God, and his people wax fat, kick themselves out of the church, and go to hell. The people will stand mobbing, robbing, poverty, and all manner of persecution and be true. But my greater fear for them is that they cannot stand wealth."

It reminds me of how important it is that we stay humble and grateful for the things we have in our lives. For our families. For our prosperity. Too many peoples have been wiped off the face of this earth because of pride. It was a cool quote. 
Elder Lukas tried to make it look pretty.  Instead it looked a little creepy.

Well I gotta go Mom, sorry it's so short. I love you though, so much. I know you're with me and I'm so happy I can be out here sharing the Gospel of Happiness with others. I pray that your week goes well. :)

With all love possible,
Tanner

Comments

Popular Posts