wouldn't mind a boa constrictor.

From July 11, 2017
Hey Mamasita! (I don't know how you spell that)

Your favorite son is doing pretty swell. Although I've received some interesting news... IM BEING TRANSFERRED AGAIN. I'm going to Innsbruck, in Austria! After one transfer in Freiburg. It's crazy, and neither of us were expecting it. I'll be working with Elder Lukas! A good friend from England! He was my Zone leader in Wien. It'll be pretty great I think! I'm really sad to leave Freiburg though. I've made some of my best friends here, for sure. The people will be very well taken care of in Freiburg, for sure. A very good Elder is coming here in my stead.

Sarina the boa constrictor.  Belongs to a member.

He does not like animals like I do.



I know how crazy the world is getting. You should see this place, Mom. Kids start smoking and drinking when they're 12, because their parents decide that their children should be free to choose and experiment themselves. The result? The majority of people here are drug addicts, chain smokers, and alcoholics. The advertisements in the cities advertise all kinds of vulgarity and unclean conduct as normal and popular. There's lots of explicit ads and presentations constantly circulating the city, and every day I feel a little bit sick with how much of it I see in daily life. It's not enough to overcome me, but it's definitely enough to bring me down sometimes. It's just pure evil being pushed around as if it was the solution to everyone's problems, and they believe it! People need Christ. And the greatest struggle of my mission has been trying to figure out how to bring the Gospel to those who have lost their sanity and soul to drugs. I don't know how to help them get that back. I'm thankful we don't have to watch the news as Missionaries. I think I'd rather not.

Francis & Sheriff.  Members of the ward from Nigeria.  Cool guys.

tired.

Ok enough of that stuff. :) I've had a good week! We got to meet the new Mission President, and he is awesome!! I kid you not Mom, their family is like our family. Their son is about to go on a mission to
Berlin. All of their children are musical (especially with the voice) and he is an amazing singer himself! It's so cool! He sang at the conference to emphasize a point in his wife's talk. They are very very cool. He just seems so real and there. President Kohler definitely had a lot more of a professional feel, but President Brown is more down to earth and very open. I think I'll like him a lot.


His one year mark - burned his shirt.  I did not burn a shirt on mine.


The ward is in an outrage because I'm leaving. It feels good to know that I'm loved by them. :) I love them very much, too.

We met some cool people this week that are super interested in the Gospel! One is Kim, she's a friend of Kai, and came to church one day. We had a lesson with her yesterday about the Restoration and it went so well! She accepted everything and said basically: yeah I could believe that. She agreed to try what we asked her to do. It was super cool.



We also met a guy from Mississippi! We walked up and thought he was from Africa (turns out he's African American, so that was awkward.) but we started speaking in German and asked if he religious. He told us he was part of an American church! I asked him which one and he
said he was in the Southern Baptist church! Then we figured out he was from America. A lot of his friends are Mormons and he's met with missionaries before. He agreed to meet with us and come to church!

Our Zone.

Other than that it's been a lot of transfer prep. :)

It sounds like you guys had a great week! I'm glad the chickens are... maturing... haha. Dang it, Maverick. What are your intentions with my chicken?? But I'm glad the girls are having fun with Camp! That little town you guys went to looks super cool! I can't wait to see it myself! I can't believe you guys are going to the coast soon! The second time I'll miss this trip! But I'm sure you guys will have a great time. Take pics!

Well Mom I gotta go. I love you very much! Tell Dad he'll get his email later today or tomorrow. I'll write it tonight. I love you!

Thank you for the sweet prayers. Tell Gracie thanks too. That always helps. :)

Tanner

Comments

Popular Posts