Moroni is coolest. #attributegoals

From August 29, 2017 :

Hey Momo!!!

Me & Elder Palfreyman.  We study in this park sometimes.
I am doing absolutely fantastic actually. This week has been busy but a lot of fun and a lot of hard work. I actually got an email from Elder Lucas and he seems to be doing fine, although he misses the Mission. He was one of those elders they pretty much had to force onto the plane. Thanks for the encouragement, I'm certainly doing my best to help my new companion. :) His Name is Elder Palfreyman, and he is hilarious!! It's been so fun ever since he got here, and he's really giving his all to improve and speak to people. We've become good friends in one week, so I guess that means it's going good. :) He's from California, and loves everything about Innsbruck. He's also a master piano player. It is unbelievable. I hope it continues being such a great adventure for us both. Thank you for your prayers. 
 


The brazilian food we had last week WAS delicious! It was similar to what Dad makes, but wasn't the same kind of food. Lots of meats and stuff. I miss Dad's rice and beans. I forgot to mention it, but this same Family made us that meal the first time I visited them! It was delicious. We all talk about how good Guarana is as well. It's fun. 
 
Sunshine was perfect as I wrote emails.
 
Like I said, this week has been super good. Elder Palfreyman has been talking to so many people by himself and he's doing such a good job! I'm really impressed and excited for our time together. We've been out on the street a lot because most of our investigators have been out of town or busy, but it's been great. We've found some really cool people, like Michael! We talked to him at Bahnhof, and he came to Institut that night and has been coming ever since. We're going to officially teach him for our first time this week, so wish us luck!! He's super nice and totally open for this sort of thing.

Shadow jump

Up the mountain.

This week has been good for me as well. I've been feeling really inspired and I've been learning better how to follow the promptings of the Holy Spirit. It's been an adventure and an act of trust. I've been trying to build up the trust between Heavenly Father and I by following the promptings I receive, even if I don't know if they come from me or him. It's funny, promptings to talk to people always seem to come at the times where I'm most tired and don't want to speak to people, but the point is to act on them with faith and hope for the best. It doesn't always work out, but I know God wants to know for sure that he can trust me with the right prompting at the right time.

Elder Kennard & I accidentally matched.

It sounds like the 59er diner was good and that you guys had some cool experiences with the Eclipse. :) Gracie is in eighth grade already?? Whoah!! Can't believe that! She'll be in high School next year. Sounds like she's already ready for that though. She's always been so mature, and she notices that most people her age aren't so mature. 
You know how it is.
 
You start teaching Wednesday! Wooo! Good on ya! I'm excited to hear how it goes. (No doubt awesome) Sounds like you're not too ready for summer to end though. I get the feeling. We've had a beautiful summer so far. It's been pretty cool but beautiful. The Eclipse looked so cool!!

Our district.

My Birthday was good. :) I actually forgot about it until a member reminded me. My good friend Julian (Another master piano player in the ward and my best friend here) Called me the day before and said: Hey do you guys wanna come over and eat cake? I said: ".... Sure, why not?" He then told me to invite the sisters as well. I called the sisters and told them that Julian invited us over for cake and sister Svobodova says: "Oh right!! Tomorrow is a Special day huh??" My Response: "... Uh... Yeah... Why?" I was then reminded promptly about my birthday. It was hilarious. We ate cake and had a good time. He made me banana cake, and it was super good. AND I GOT YOUR PACKAGE!! Thank you so much I'm so looking Forward to blasting my companion with my Nerf Arsenal while munching on goldfish and chips. :D Thank you so much. I love it all. I wore the super cool tie pin the day after. 
 

Well before I go I wanted to tell you some funny/cool things that happened this week.

Elder Palfreyman injured himself in the MTC playing Soccer and has a huge boot on his foot. xD

Me and Elder Palfreyman are both named TANNER. We have the same first name!! And I only discovered this because I saw him write it out on a form! 
 
caught in the rain.
 

Moroni is the coolest. It says in the Book of Mormon that if every man were like Moroni the devil would have no power over the hearts of the children of men. If you look in Alma 48, verses 11-13, it actually tells us why it is so! It tells us what made him so special. #Attributegoals

If you look at my bank account you will notice I paid 91 Euro to the Austrian Train Company. The Office made a mistake and sent both new missionaries on their way WITHOUT TICKETS. I had to buy them crazy expensive tickets in the Train, and was lucky we didn't get a fine. Don't worry, my money has been reimbursed and is safely in my possession. 
 
This is where we go finding.
 

Alright that's it. But It was a great week! I am so grateful that I have you as my Mom. I've told so many people this week about the principles I've learned from you and Dad. And mom, I don't know if your remember, but one time you explained to me why we only pray to God, and it was because God loves us so much that the only thing he chose to reserve for himself was our direct communication with him, even though almost everything else is done through Christ. I explained that to an Investigator this week, and it really helped them understand. Thank you- :)

Well i gotta go but I love you very much. I miss you, and can't wait to tell you all the great stories I don't have time to tell you while I'm here. Have a great week and know that I think of you every day!!

Love, Your son.
-Elder Tanner Larson

Comments

Popular Posts