live in the moment & poopy the pug.

From July 25, 2017:
 
Hey Momo!!
 
Oh man, hearing about the coast makes me wish I could be there. I love it. But I'll see it again sometime anyway. :) I can't remember a time we were at the coast where it wasn't windy! I saw a picture of Braeden! He looks a lot older! Maybe it's the scruff he's got goin on. I don't know. When is he getting married again?
Your dream made me happy and sad. :) I love you Mom and I miss you too. The longer I'm out here, the longer I realize just how much I need to take advantage of the time directly in front of me. Once it's gone, It doesn't come back. I may not ever be 3 years old again, but I'm always your son. Maybe it was a tender mercy of the Lord, that you had that dream. Heavenly Father just keeps sending me dreams of being home, but everything is in German, and then everyone tells me I'm a missionary and as soon as I realize it i wake up in bed and have to let reality sink in for a moment. Sometimes it's no problem, but sometimes after these dreams I really feel frustrated. Either way, It's a crazy transition. :) Most of my dreams are missionary dreams! 
Poopy.

Anyway, My week has been good, and my area is indeed wonderful. I made a list of some little details I wanted to tell you this week, that was I don't just have a brain blank and not remember what I wanted to write you. :)
My companion and I are doing awesome. He's a Spiritual Legend, and we have been having a great time serving together. One of his quotes from this week was: "Was du verstehst, aber nicht anwendest, verstehst du wirklich nicht." That roughly translates to: "If you understand something, but don't apply it, you don't really understand it after all." Just a cool quote from him. This week has proven to be very busy and hectic! We kind of have a companionship tradition. We are never out the door on time, so we always sprint to our trains. Always. It's a talent we share. We're pretty good at it now, but for a week straight I think we had to sprint to catch a train. Speaking of sprinting, we've been going running almost every day! I hate it, but I love it at the same time, and It works alot better than any workout program to lose some fat.
The weather has been crazy this week. It's been almost only thunderstorms all week. Not almost. It's been only thunderstorms this week. It's been cool, but also wet and rainy. My shoes have holes in them, so my feet get wet, but I'm not ready to buy some new shoes yet xD I'm trying to make sure I use them until I can't use them anymore so I don't have to make an early purchase.
I made a new friend this week! Her name is poopy, and she's the little black pug of one of our members here. She's adorable, and reminds me so much of Jasper. Naturally, I miss Jasper, and he's still my favorite, but she became my favorite Dog away from home. In about 2 minutes.

Poopy.

We made some other friends this week too. We're teaching a guy named Benny. That's not his real name, but that's the name he uses here, because he's from China and I can't pronounce or remember his real name. He's so cool! He's been in Austria for 35 years. A little more than half his life. He's the nicest guy, and he loves learning about Jesus. He remembers a little bit from School, but not too much. He's been trying to pray every night, and he reads what we give him to read.
We also have Diana, a young Austrian woman we met on the street. I stopped her on the touristy square place while she was playing some kind of game similar to Pokemon' Go. We had an appointment with her this week, and she actually doesn't believe in God, and she's really persistent. And although in the beginning, she was not listening so much and barraging us with questions and contradictions, by the end she was listening intently and thanked us for our message. She said she would think about it, and we'll call her this week to see how she's doing. She's really cool, and open to talk with us, and is studying some intense stuff at the University here in Innsbruck.
And finally, one of our best friends is Yaseemin. She's a 20 year old girl who was born in Austria but her parents are from Turkey. She's hilarious. We met her getting into a Bus one day and we just started talking to her and her friend. She figured out that we are native Englisch speakers and told us she needs help practicing speaking with us. We naturally accepted and set an appointment. She's super friendly and funny, and we're now pretty good friends. We've had some good adventures. After the first englisch lesson, we had another appointment with a recently baptized member named Nikolas, and she just decided to come with because she had nothing else to do. It ended up being a lesson for her, because she asked some questions. We ended up teaching the Plan of Salvation, and she was so into it! She was asking questions, answering questions, saying what she actually thought about it, and it was a really enjoyable lesson. After that, she came to church with us the next day, and stayed all three hours! And she also came to Family Home Evening yesterday night after another Englisch lesson. She texted us the other day and said: I will come to church every Sunday if you teach me Englisch. Naturally, we accepted. :) She's legit. 
 

One thing I learned alot about this week was about time. Living in the moment. Not concentrating to hard on the future or the past. President Uchtdorf once said that the regrets of tomorrow can be avoided by the choices we make today. We've made some pretty clear observations in the last couple weeks that too many missionaries and people in general live in the past and the future. They focus on the regrets of the past, and prospects of the future, without giving any heed to the effects today will have on that future. The choices we make now will shape the rest of our day, week, month, year, and life. We have to live in the moment. We have to make the best choices for this moment, and enjoy it! We'll never get it back if we don't.
Well Mom I gotta go. I have one more email to write before we head out. I'm glad I had more time today, though!!
I love you so much and hope you have a wonderful week!! Miss you!!
Love,
Tanner

Comments

Popular Posts