Office life and God carries us.

From Nov 19, 2017:
 
Hey Momo!

I just have a quick update for you. :) I have arrived in the office and am having a good time. I'm learning how to work the cars, phone, supplies, and mobile devices of the mission and things are super busy! I love München. It's a really nice city. My office mates are really great guys and we have lots of fun. We have Elder Calcamuggio, a 21 year old convert who shares many of my interests. We have Elder Vierbuchen, a 24 year old German/Japanese American who takes most things really seriously but is also a lot of fun and really sassy. We have Elder Valentine, a 19 year old American who is also my companion. He's really cool and we're already good friends. :) We also have Elder Wojciechowski, a hilarious German who is also my companion! We get along really well and are currently writing a missionary song for Facebook.

First Day at Office in Munchen. (Munich)

So far it's been a blast. I like the pace of the office, and we still have people to teach. We taught a guy today named John Basco, from Africa. He's led a very faithful life, but is starting to have some doubts. He came here with nothing. When he looks at his life and how hard it is and then reads about the love and justice of God, it makes him doubt a little bit. Elder Wojciechowski and I talked a lot about Ether 12:6. We talked about how his faith will be strengthened, he just needs to wait a little and endure. I felt prompted to share the footprints story.

We filled AP's car with balloons!
 
A man once had a dream where he was walking on a beach. Jesus was walking beside him. They were following a set of footprints. The man asked Jesus: "what are these footprints that we are following?" Jesus answered: "these footprints represent your life." It wasn't long before the man noticed a second set of footsteps beside his own. "What are those?" He asked. Jesus answered, "those are my footsteps, to show you that I have always been with you." A warm feeling entered the man's heart, until he noticed that at times in the trail, the new set of footsteps would disappear and reappear again. He noticed that the times where his tracks were alone, they dragged and became weaker. The
more he noticed, the more uncomfortable he became, until he finally turned to Jesus, deeply disappointed, and said, "wait a minute... I thought you were with me the whole way. Why do your tracks keep disappearing? Why did you leave me alone? Especially in my hardest times?" Jesus turned to him and looked him deeply in the eyes, with no judgement, only understanding. "My friend," he said with the deepest affection, "those are not your tracks. They are mine. It was in your hardest times, when you could no longer take a step forward, that I carried you on my back and walked for you."

So we talked about how God is always with us, not just when we notice. We encouraged him to look for our Heavenly Father's hand in his life and to look for that influence that is truly there.




Overall it's been a great week. München is a great big city but we live in the suburbs, so it's kind of similar to home. Wish I had more time to write but it's close as it is. I love you Mom! Can't wait to hear from you. :)
 
The bird from last posts.  :(
 
 
P.s. My Pday is now on Saturdays, because I'm in the office.

Love, Elder Tanner Larson

Comments

Popular Posts