Weak things can be made strong.

From Oct 24, 2017:
Hi there Mother! :)

I'm glad you enjoyed reading my huge essay about Elder Ballard!! It was fun to write. :) It was definitely inspiring and comforting to know that they have our backs out here! We've noticed a change in the ward as well. The Ward council is trying to deal more lovingly and less contentiously with eachother, and the emphasis on making miracles happen has increased. Sadly, some members have missed the broadcast, but we're trying to get the news around to help people watch it! 


Yeah Sky told me about her hospital trip! That's crazy! That's good that they found nothing major, but a gluten free diet doesn't sound fun at all. :/ I really hope that's not it. She's strong though, I know she can handle it, if anyone can it's her. I have strong sisters. :) I need to start watching my diet more. I was doing good a couple months ago, but I've kind of let it go since then. I always feel better if I eat better foods, anyway.

A miracle! She was good for homecoming! That dessert must have done it for you guys! I've had strudel a couple times, but I'm not sure how much I enjoy it. I think it's my lack of passion for sweets ;)

You found Lebkuchen in the Tri?? Crazy!! Glad you found it though, it could be expensive to import... XD Speaking of which, I have some in front of me. (After I just talked about a diet) Heheh.


Well this week was pretty interesting! We had a conference with Elder Ballard and I got to shake his hand!!! Except I pulled the awkward Elder Larson social interaction move when it happened. I had already planned out in my mind what I was going to say (bad idea) And shook his hand. Here's the conversation:

Me: Hello Elder Ballard!
E.B: Hello Elder Larson, how are you doing?
Me: So great to meet you!
E.B: ... Good! Nice to meet you too.
Me: *Walking away awkwardly* Thank you so much!!

Moral of the story? Never plan what you're going to say to an apostle. -_- You end up ignoring their "How are you" question.

Elder Ballard...and the back of my head

Mission Conference

Anyway, I went to the conference with a question in mind and the question was: What lack I yet? Boy, what a mistake... The Lord really delivers! His counsel was amazing. He expounded on the promises for missionaries and gave us some assignments. One was talking to at least 20 people a day outside of normal "finding" time. That's probably the one that stresses me out the most... Talking to people in public transit and stuff like that has always been tough for me. BUT! An apostle has spoken... And I may or may not have promised him I would do it. *Heavy Breathing* FORWARD WITH FAITH. PRAY FOR ME.


We had an awesome lesson with a girl we met the other day. We brought her to the church and gave her a tour of the building, but had a lesson while doing it! We went around and in every room we had a principle of the gospel that we discussed. We also did that for every picture hanging on the walls. We ended in the chapel, and bore our testimonies of the restored Gospel. It was pretty fantastic, and it turns out that she doesn't have a lot of time to meet, so now we chat on Facebook! YES! It comes in handy!! :) She's already asked us some questions about the Godhead, so I hope this goes somewhere.



My "grandson"...trainee of a trainee!

So we have Facebook! You saw that, I believe. It's really weird being back on, and I have to exercise a crazy amount of self-discipline!! But the pros are already outweighing the cons. It's quite a remarkable tool. People are alot more open with questions and concerns online than they generally are in person!

Besides that the week was kind of strange because we had a lot of traveling going on. We went to Salzburg twice and München once! It kind of interupted the Emperor's groove! (I'm the Emperor) But I think we're back on schedule now... I think. We'll see. xD

Back together with my Wienerneustadt friends!



I have been thinking alot this week. I've been thinking about what I can do to better invite people to make a change in their lives. It's not easy. These days, an invitation to change is often recognized as an invitation of privacy. Apathy is rampant. I do my best, but I don't always know what to say. Sometimes I feel powerless to help someone. I learned this week that that's ok. It's ok to not always have success. I'm out here inviting people. I just have to keep inviting. I have to have faith. Faith in the promises. I know it can work. I know that God is with me. Even in my most alone moments, His love is undeniable. It's impossible to ignore. It's there. Just like Him. Always there. I love Him, and I'm very thankful that I was "Born of goodly parents" who taught me the principles of the Gospel. Without It i would truly be lost. :) I love you Mom.



Well I gotta go Mom. I have 25 weeks left out here. I want to make the best of them, and pray every day for the strength to do what it takes to accomplish that. I may be weak, but that's exactly who the Lord calls to His work. I know weak things can be made strong unto me.

I love you Mom. I miss you. I hope you have a wonderful week. :)

Comments

Popular Posts